I THINK I JUST DUG A GW BUTTON IN CANADA!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
So what are you saying, that the thread is only should contain only subject matter regarding the find and nothing else? Nor should the BANNER be discussed in any form in a thread? So if another member mentions the Banner it's a black mark on the OP's find and no longer be considered for the Banner? Some what confusing this whole thing to me.

Going off topic , well there's something that's never happened on a post( banner or not)
Geez, I've seen posts go viral and turn into mini chat rooms( after the fact)
Bump them with comments, bump them with votes, bump them with nonsense, bump them with .....

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PepperJ.......I see your frustration, especially since you've never made the banner. I found 3 Eagle and Star GW's and none made it. Maybe because, in 1 post there was one already on in plain view. You got a great find here, in a highly unlikely place. Stop beating yourself up. Take a look at my Continental Army, (USA), button. Took almost 3 weeks to get up top. The one I found was valued by a dealer at $1200. Personally, I've yet to see one in better condition, DUG, as it looks like right from the mold....literally! Click on it yourself. Yet you see the one on the banner now which made it quite quickly. Although a tremendous condition piece, mine was much better. I'm trying to be sort of diplomatic, so to speak, between your feelings and the Mods. Eagle and Star are actually get more common, and are THE most common of all the GW's. I used to get wound up about the banner stuff, not so much any more. You're in a pretty elite club! Enjoy and Congrats.......Hogge P.S. Even with the holes, yours has much better detail than any of my other 3.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Yes sir, you have my word as a gentleman, I will now keep the subject of this post on topic

From me and all the other posters that recognize your awesome find, this truly a very special find that surely won't be rivalled soon, from our northern part of the planet at least!

Once again, congratulations on your find!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
PepperJ.......I see your frustration, especially since you've never made the banner. I found 3 Eagle and Star GW's and none made it. Maybe because, in 1 post there was one already on in plain view. You got a great find here, in a highly unlikely place. Stop beating yourself up. Take a look at my Continental Army, (USA), button. Took almost 3 weeks to get up top. The one I found was valued by a dealer at $1200. Personally, I've yet to see one in better condition, DUG, as it looks like right from the mold....literally! Click on it yourself. Yet you see the one on the banner now which made it quite quickly. Although a tremendous condition piece, mine was much better. I'm trying to be sort of diplomatic, so to speak, between your feelings and the Mods. Eagle and Star are actually get more common, and are THE most common of all the GW's. I used to get wound up about the banner stuff, not so much any more. You're in a pretty elite club! Enjoy and Congrats.......Hogge P.S. Even with the holes, yours has much better detail than any of my other 3.

Thanks for taking the time to comment Hogge

It's hard to tell if someone is frustrated or just confused and not getting an answer to simple questions Hogge. I've found finds before that never got posted but the same type of finds have made it up there, time restrictions and accessibility to the internet has been another factor. I know what I found and in a location that doesn't have the history of the button. Knowing that I might very well be the only one that has dug one on this side of the border even makes it a whole lot more special and it will go into it's own case with the powder flask and a few other little finds from the site. I'm not overly worried about it Hogge as it has had lots of viewings, likes, and votes even with the 20 pages of replies shows that the interest of this find isn't only my interest, but of many others and there is a common element among many and the enjoyment of the sharing of great and different finds. Just to let you know I don't even think about it when I lay my head on the pillow as I just think of going out and digging something cool up, and it hasn't got anything to do with getting them up, or the value, as it might be something on the want list like a silver dollar. :) Now it's time to go back out in the elements to get the equipment ready for our first blast of winter. :(

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Pepp did you ever go back there for another hunt?

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for taking the time to comment Hogge

It's hard to tell if someone is frustrated or just confused and not getting an answer to simple questions Hogge. I've found finds before that never got posted but the same type of finds have made it up there, time restrictions and accessibility to the internet has been another factor. I know what I found and in a location that doesn't have the history of the button. Knowing that I might very well be the only one that has dug one on this side of the border even makes it a whole lot more special and it will go into it's own case with the powder flask and a few other little finds from the site. I'm not overly worried about it Hogge as it has had lots of viewings, likes, and votes even with the 20 pages of replies shows that the interest of this find isn't only my interest, but of many others and there is a common element among many and the enjoyment of the sharing of great and different finds. Just to let you know I don't even think about it when I lay my head on the pillow as I just think of going out and digging something cool up, and it hasn't got anything to do with getting them up, or the value, as it might be something on the want list like a silver dollar. :) Now it's time to go back out in the elements to get the equipment ready for our first blast of winter. :(
I never lay my head on my pillow & think about my last best find, only about the one I haven't got yet.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I never lay my head on my pillow & think about my last best find, only about the one I haven't got yet.:thumbsup:

There's nothing like a great bedtime story, I walk out into the field, dig down, out pops the find-and it's a fast Zzzzzzzz. Got to love it, have the passion, and life is good.:)

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes CRU! I could see where you have that mindset..(23 Banner Finds). Believe it or not.....I think the same way as there are still MANY Banner finds waiting for me to unearth them!:laughing7:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just wondering what happened to the pic of your GW Button in your first post here Jim... did you take it down? :icon_scratch:

Talk to you soon my friend,
Dave

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome! huge congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread