Went back to the GW Button site and I saw some pie crust!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Woke up with a turkey dinner hang over, just too much food. :) Got off to a late start and then getting to the site I didn't have a pouch, pinpointer, nor even a shovel! So back home to get everything and back to the site to dig iron, and lots of it I dug. Then came that sweet sound and I'm thinking there it is I see some pie crust edges and carefully I flipped it out of the plug to see a dude sitting there looking thoughtful. Just realized that the guy lost his bird in the tree, how cool! Got a couple of other signals and then this truck came through the gate and drove right up to me. It turns out to be the permission's brother that owns 50% of the land and he has no knowledge of me digging there.
He says to me "there's another site over on the other hill that a blacksmith shop was located on and a well". Thank you sir. Off I went to dig a few bits other things, pewter locket frame, a pin back off a brooch, and a bunch of iron tools in a hour of walking around the new site.
IMG_20151223_115510677.jpg IMG_20151223_171022095_HDR.jpg IMG_20151223_171250220_HDR.jpg IMG_20151223_171154785_HDR.jpg IMG_20151223_160948982.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 28

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet relics i like what that site is producing..Hit it low and slow dozens of times:icon_thumleft:

~Blaze~

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very unique! The button is still so detailed. I think the man released the bird on purpose either to let it go free or to watch it sing in the tree. Maybe this is a metaphorical button expressing how beautiful things should be freed, would be neat if it were from the time of the American Revolution as this would place it in perfect context with its message.

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
This looks like your button in The Big Book of Buttons (Hughes / Lester) on page 456-7 GIRL WITH A BIRDCAGE. Neat find!

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    466 KB · Views: 114
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 122
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting finds!
The old fashion button is different also to have a new site, priceless!

Thanks iron horse
It sure beats digging burnt flat button that hasn't any design. The first words out of the guys mouth " What are you doing?" It turned out well with the new permission. :)

Sweet relics i like what that site is producing..Hit it low and slow dozens of times:icon_thumleft:

~Blaze~
Thanks Blaze
It's just a mess of iron so it'll take time but the rewards are sweet.

Jim,

You managed a few good finds for your efforts.

Regards + HH

Bill

Thanks Bill
Getting one keeper a trip is all I ask of the site, it's close so no problem spending a bit of time there when the urge hits.

Very unique! The button is still so detailed. I think the man released the bird on purpose either to let it go free or to watch it sing in the tree. Maybe this is a metaphorical button expressing how beautiful things should be freed, would be neat if it were from the time of the American Revolution as this would place it in perfect context with its message.

Thanks Underminer
I'm pleased with the detail of the button, the back is starting to flake so it's got some age, but not to the Amer.Rev. era.

Lovely stuff coming out of the ground there... Congrats!
Thanks Reelnrods

This looks like your button in The Big Book of Buttons (Hughes / Lester) on page 456-7 GIRL WITH A BIRDCAGE. Neat find!

THANK YOU Bramblefind:occasion14:
That's the button for sure, does it give a date to when they were produced?

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love that button tons of detail I found a dog one like that but is was falling apart can hardly touch it .nice digs!

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love that button tons of detail I found a dog one like that but is was falling apart can hardly touch it .nice digs!

I'm liking it also, it'll look great in the button display one day.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something different is always good.
Nice little hunt Pep.
That reminds me of my best silver day I ever had. I had no shovel or pinpointer. Just my digging knife. I dug 23 silvers, grabbing the dirt and waving it in front of the coil. Lol

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I like the old button. I've never seen one like that before.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Something different is always good.
Nice little hunt Pep.
That reminds me of my best silver day I ever had. I had no shovel or pinpointer. Just my digging knife. I dug 23 silvers, grabbing the dirt and waving it in front of the coil. Lol
Thanks Vino

I've gotton so use to the pinpointer that dirt waving seems really foreign.

Nice finds. I like the old button. I've never seen one like that before.

Thanks CK
It a first for me as well.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hunt with some interesting finds. Is that locket pewter? From the patina showing in the 3rd pic it appears to be brass or copper alloy. I think I like that find more that the pie crust thingy.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are some neat bits and bobs you dug today, The top 2 pieces are the best :hello2: Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas :icon_santa:& HH

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt with some interesting finds. Is that locket pewter? From the patina showing in the 3rd pic it appears to be brass or copper alloy. I think I like that find more that the pie crust thingy.

Thanks Bill

I think it's just the lighting as it's taken under a 3500 lux LED work light. Here's a couple of other pics and it's grey and it pitted pretty good, the hinge works great though.
IMG_20151223_171154785_HDR.jpg IMG_20151223_171258532_HDR.jpg IMG_20151223_171307253_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are some neat bits and bobs you dug today, The top 2 pieces are the best :hello2: Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas :icon_santa:& HH

Thanks LD
It was a lot of digging for a couple of keepers, but that's what it's all about somedays they come easy and some we all have to work to get something.
Wishing you all the best over the holiday season as well, hope Santa has you on the good list and will put something nice in your stocking.HH

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the new spot. Hopefully the weather will continue to cooperate.

Best of luck, and have a nice holiday!

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice congrats

Thanks trapperart
Congrats on the new spot. Hopefully the weather will continue to cooperate.

Best of luck, and have a nice holiday!

Thank you Tom
It's still holding in there Tom till the 29th then it will be over for the season. All the best to you and have a great holiday. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions