I think I might be afraid to make friends?

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay, no man is an island, you are not gonna make it here alone, no friends here, stick to your bathroom mirror

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a pending friend request in my notifications. I am not sure what this feature does. Its not that I don't need more friends, I most certainly do. But like Thomas Jefferson said- "Be leery of anything you find on the internet."

Could someone please explain it all to me? Thanks.

Where’s a friends request?

OP
OP
D

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, no man is an island, you are not gonna make it here alone, no friends here, stick to your bathroom mirror

Did I offend you or something? I would challenge you to a battle of wits but you appear to be unarmed.

BTW Truth1253, I heard that bowser really likes you in a certain way and that he has never felt that way about another man before.

Just kidding around. Perhaps it is a Charter Members feature?

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny Guys, You funny....

D689E34F-4E5F-4F72-A1ED-C00A880018C1.jpeg

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did I offend you or something? I would challenge you to a battle of wits but you appear to be unarmed.

BTW Truth1253, I heard that bowser really likes you in a certain way and that he has never felt that way about another man before.

Just kidding around. Perhaps it is a Charter Members feature?

I gotta get that Charter Membership I have no friends

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm kind of surprised you've been on here for over 3 years and not made any friends. It's not just a CM thing either. When you click on a person's profile, there's a list of options: send PM, send friend request, even add to ignore list, etc. Everyone has their own reasons for friend requests. Maybe your thinking is like-minded, maybe they would like to hunt with you someday, maybe there's a chance to actually meet in the real world, maybe what you've posted or your signature reassures them that your as honest person. Being the internet, you cannot fully trust anyone, so there are precautions to take. But I have noticed people on here have gone out on hunts together and developed real friendships. And then shared their finds and experiences with the rest of us. You always have he option to unfriend them and add them to the ignore list.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are people who will praise you for your assets, then there are those who will put you down for your defects, but a FRIEND will accept you for both.
That has nothing to do with "Alternate Facts " but it sounds good.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is no harm in having friends here on Tnet....
I’ve been requested, and have requested myself, to maybe over 30 members.....
Reasons being mostly a good rapport/conversation in a forum or number of threads that the two parties are on the same page, and theoretically get along with in the real world...
Other times it might just be a courtesy as members have met and hunted with, whether locally, or on vacation travels.
Some of these “friends” bowed out from Tnet years ago, after maybe one interaction.....doesn’t hurt my feelings one bit.
We do have a popular member here who has requested over 800 friends....just so happens I am one of them.

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update:::: I was joking about “not having friends”. Hell I talk to y’all more then any friends I have around here. They don’t MD so not much to say these days. :laughing

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no real benefit to having someone on your friends list here on TNET. There is no harm either. I have a few in my list here, and I have ignored a bunch too over the years. Basically, if you like the way the person posts you can ask to be friends. Maybe it will blossom into a romance, who knows. :thumbsup: :laughing7:

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Thomas Jefferson was far more advanced than i imagined. i did'nt know they had internet back then:dontknow:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had a friend who passed away last year. He was a genius and famous for all the things he did. I didn't really care about all that because he was my friend. Being a clever man he once defined what a friend is in a way I could only agree with.

"An acquaintance helps you move. A friend helps you move bodies." R.A. 1977

I'm not sure anyone can actually be a friend online by that standard.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I consider myself a friend to all you lowly meatbags

it's up to you to benefit from it

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update::: Hell I talk to y’all more then any friends I have around here. They don’t MD so not much to say these days. :laughing

So true. I tell my offline friends "I discriminate" and they think I'm racist. They also don't understand why I go out in the cold and look for "junk". I need new offline friends. :(

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So true. I tell my offline friends "I discriminate" and they think I'm racist. They also don't understand why I go out in the cold and look for "junk". I need new offline friends. :(

All my friends, which aren’t many these days, truly think I lost my mind digging for hours for a old nickel. I was a avid fisherman here in sportsman’s paradise and then I just quit going due to MD’ing. My poles have dust on them and they haven’t seen me in, I don’t know how long. No one else MD’s in my world. I got immediately hooked. Done [emoji736]

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Usually I get friend requests from people I interact with here and there on the board. If they post once, haven’t talked to me or seem weird and don’t have faces(avatars) I usually deny them.

OP
OP
D

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually I get friend requests from people I interact with here and there on the board. If they post once, haven’t talked to me or seem weird and don’t have faces(avatars) I usually deny them.

That's probably just men acting like boys cause you got "girl" in your username. For all they know you are a man with a pet cat named "Coily".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread