OH WOW! Strong Hit @ 15 FT w/ Bounty Hunter Tracker 4!

E

enochsea7

I've been checking my hole at the end of the day with my Bounty Hunter Tracker 4 to see if I'm getting very close to my target. I know people have been saying this detector will get about 1.5 ft - 2 ft depth on larger targets. When I checked it today, the detector delightfully registered what seems to be a pretty strong signal over the target area. When turning discrimination mode all the way up I'm getting the same hit. From reading the reviews, people seem to have really good results filtering out junk metals/mineralization with this detector when using discrimination mode

How excited should I be? Is the fact that the same hit registers with discrimination mode all the way up very promising?

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before filling in your target hole to a depth of 15 feet did you check the hole up and down to the bottom for any loose pieces of metal especially near the top two or three feet areas. Also was the dirt, sand and rocks checked with a metal detector before you used it to fill the hole back in with? All of these could be giving you a false reading with a false hope. That little head can not go more than three feet deep.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
15 feet down ? or do you mean 1.5 feet down ?

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd be careful dunking that coil of the tracker iv. Pretty sure it is "weather resistant" and not water proof like more expensive machines. Good luck you're definitely a motivated digger!

Edit: I was curious about the waterproof coil so I dug out the manual for this machine. It actually is waterproof. For some reason I thought I remembered it only being weather resistant. Good news I'll have to remember that! 20180120_062656.jpg

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um...

And you dug this "15" foot down hole with what ?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The head is waterproof but is the connection water proof. That coil is not big enough to obtain 15 feet in depth. I believe two and one half feet would be the maximum depth even with a 5.5 frequency. You need to do an air test. I tried a fisher m-scope out on a railroad coalcar and it being a two box, maximum depth on one frequency about 8 to 10 feet on the higher frequency about 15 feet. Remember that was for a target larger than an automobile.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bottom of that carved out hole there is 15 ft down from the surface of the ground. So I'm scanning the bottom of the hole 15 ft down in to the earth. Target is a rectangular shaped object measuring about 1.5 x 2 ft

How did you get 15 feet below the surface of the ground without digging a hole. Was the detector picking up the hole at the bottom from the top of the surface hole. What is this hole encased with so that you could go down to the small hole at the bottom of the 15 feet? If you are in a drain pipe or encased drain pipe then you are definitely picking up the drain pipe or the wire encased drain pipe or the pump itself. You will not be able to discriminate the pump too large a target.

For that size target a two box will only pick it up at about four feet---------no where near 15 feet. So how do you think that little head is going to go 15 feet deep?

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His post title of "15 ft" was mean't to read, "1.5 ft."
I am the only one who gets a fifteen foot reading,, lol

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Honestly, how many 15 ft holes do you want to dig? I am happy with 15 inches.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Gentlemen: If you do a search on enochsea7 posts, you will see he's the "big-game hunter" chaser. Eg.: Yamashita, Oak Island, etc.... So he probably meant 15 ft. Not 1.5 ft.

And he is probably referring to dig dig dig. Stop every few feet, pull out the detector, still gets a signal. So .. dig dig dig dig. Pulls out the detector. Still gets a signal . And keep repeating till he's down 15 ft., etc....

And as anyone here knows, there HAS to be another explanation. Eg.: steel toed boots ? Not using the machine correctly ? The descent cable that you use to lower yourself into and out of the pit is being picked up by the toe of the coil ? weak batteries ? Flutters that you are misinterpretting ? Etc... But no. For those "big game chasers", there can be NO OTHER possible more plausible explanations. It can ONLY mean "yamashita treasure".

I can give numerous examples of "disappearing signals" or "deeper and deeper and deeper signal" stories from well meaning beginners. That turned out to be innocent explainable hard-knocks learning things.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
hes digging as u speak his well is 15 feet deep and there no bird cage and hes not on your side of the world (one guy 15 feet) i seen it.......WHAT FRANKLIN SAID EARLIER IS 100% POSSIBLE TO .....BIG THUMBS UP FOR FRANKLIN

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohhhhh,, 15 feet,,
Very difficult to believe,,
In the O.P. it is stated,, 1.5 ft. to 2 ft. And that the size of the object appears to be 1.5 ft. by 2 ft.
Oak Island?? Yamashita??
Did I ever tell you about the time I was invited to Never Never Land by Peter Pan to recover a lost bag of Twinklebell's flying dust??

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, Against the wind, you did. And NORAD would like you to stop messing up their radar. Those midnight flights are annoying them.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Kind of reminds me of a newspaper link I saw posted on an md'ing forum once. I wish I could find it (if anyone knows of the link, please post it) :

Some guy bought one of those LRL devices (please.... no debate on LRL's) . He takes it out to his own urban front yard in suburbia, to try it out. It indicates something in his own yard (or so he believes). He starts digging. After awhile, stops, waves the wand again, and believes it's still pointing to the spot. He got down to some crazy 20 ft. depth (?) IN HIS OWN FRONT YARD !

After a few days, of this hole getting deeper and deeper, some city municipal code people came to see what was going on (thinking he was doing some sort of sewer repairs?). And tried to shut him down d/t some sort of code violations ? Neighbor complaints ? BUT THE FELLOW WOULD NOT BE DISSUADED that a treasure awaited him.

Anyone remember that story or link ?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread