I tried to hunt but no luck here . Check this place out

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
WOW! I love old houses like that!!! That roof is amazing, the design work...I have never seen a roof with design work like that! Thanks for sharing.

Hope you get to go back and maybe work out some kind of deal.

And someone mentioned you can detect homes on the Nat. Reg.? Wow, I did not know that...we have quite a few here in Virginia Beach. I think Ron and I may just try that, of course, I would like to donate the finds to the home....but I guess maybe we could keep the coins....something to look into to! Thanks!

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron and Ann said:
WOW! I love old houses like that!!! That roof is amazing, the design work...I have never seen a roof with design work like that!

Slate Mansard roof. Just different colors of slate used to make the pattern.

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kimsdad Silverdrought said:
Saw that place in the background of a pic in your last post. I'd sure like to spend a day sitting in a chair in the yard and pretending it was mine. Sure wouldn't want to pay to heat the darn thing, though.

Good luck coaxing her for permission!

She invited me in for a moment and that place is gorgeous. The woodwork is unbelieveable. The man who owned it bought 500 acres and sold maple syrup. I have the history of the place the lady gave me. I think it says it cost $35,000 to build it. :tard:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
back in that day, $35,000.00 was a lot of money/dinero/cash/moola or whatever you want to call it.

The history under the sod there has to be amazing. Keep us posted. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
davest said:
back in that day, $35,000.00 was a lot of money/dinero/cash/moola or whatever you want to call it.

The history under the sod there has to be amazing. Keep us posted. :thumbsup:

Take that back. It cost 10,000 dollars to build. Dr Reavis, one of the home owners after the original owner , bought an additional 200 acres of land during the depression for 33 bucks an acre. Just reading some other interesting facts about the house. Dr. Reavis also had an elevator added during his older years.

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mac In Oak Ridge said:
Ron and Ann said:
WOW! I love old houses like that!!! That roof is amazing, the design work...I have never seen a roof with design work like that!

Slate Mansard roof. Just different colors of slate used to make the pattern.

Good thing about slate is that it never wears out

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o :o :o :o :o :o

Yeah...I'd try the coin book idea too! Maybe even bring her a nice pe'can pie to sweeten her up? :D

Just wow!!! And the history!!! :o

Nana

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nana40 said:
:o :o :o :o :o :o

Yeah...I'd try the coin book idea too! Maybe even bring her a nice pe'can pie to sweeten her up? :D

Just wow!!! And the history!!! :o

Nana

Thanks Nana. I might give that idea a try :icon_sunny:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
Kimsdad Silverdrought said:
Saw that place in the background of a pic in your last post. I'd sure like to spend a day sitting in a chair in the yard and pretending it was mine. Sure wouldn't want to pay to heat the darn thing, though.

Good luck coaxing her for permission!

She invited me in for a moment and that place is gorgeous. The woodwork is unbelieveable. The man who owned it bought 500 acres and sold maple syrup. I have the history of the place the lady gave me. I think it says it cost $35,000 to build it. :tard:
there money were they sapped th trees

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread