I Walked Out Without My Halves Today

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
Ran to the bank to pick up my normal 4 boxes, and ended up walking out a minute later, sans coin. :sadsmiley:

Not what you might think, though. When we arrived we saw the parking lot was full. Another customer leaving the bank told us there were 20 people in line because the computers had gone down. She was correct about the number, if not a bit conservative. Didn't get close enough to confirm the computer story but we (the lovely bride and myself) decided to try again tomorrow rather than add to their distress by making them fetch coin from the vault and try to make a manual transaction rather than just slide the card, etc.

This is the only bank I buy halves from - the others I get other denominations at - and also the one who will order Ikes when they can get them, so I try to be very polite and make it as easy on them as possible by limiting the lifting they have to do, etc. If that means coming back a day later rather than hassle them when they are having a bad day so be it. Who knows, they may start saving back coins for me before long.

Rascal

Upvote 0

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Good decision. That's the way to properly manage this addic--er, hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread