I want a XLT but have questions.

oldplacesnofinds

May 8, 2007
Bucks County , PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum II Whites Spectrum
I have a Quantum II right now and I definetly want to upgrade. I have been using it for 8 years now. Does the xlt discriminate well? What I mean is, my machine will still show low and high iron while in the coin mode. I can't amagine how many coins I did not dig because of the mixed readings. Plus my machine only goes about 6-7 inches. I have many old places that I have done and found very little and I am looking forward to getting the XLT and doing them over again. Does the XLT totally eliminate a iron reading or trash reading?

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
xlt is an excellent machine.learn to use the visual indication numbers,signagraph,and audio
in combination for added dimension over your quantum.I recommend saving more for the
dfx if you feel that additional target info is needed using dual frequencies.I use very little
disc for deep coins,but I use a very quiet program for near surface coins after the carnival
left town.I would never use that notched disc program in a serious hunt but it is real quiet though.large iron,smashed soda cans will still wump through on my xlt in this hi disc mode.

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The XLT is an excellent machine but takes a while to learn. If you use mixed-mode you will definitely know iron when you hit it but the machine is very accurate anyway about discriminating the lower signals. As with any other machine, you will have to dig the tabs, junk, and iffy signals to get the gold so to speak. You will know the silver when you hit it though!
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread