Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear All,
I just posted under the topic "A Little APUSH story." During my discussion, I used the term "--deleted--." (Okay--deleted again--I used this word: ig-nor-ant). I like to think of myself as a lady that will not utilize profanity, period. The word was censored from my dialogue.

If I upset anyone, please post. If I spoke out of context, please post. I do not want to offend anyone, but after the things I have seen within T-Net posts, I was so suprised that I would be on the chopping block.

If you guys don't want me here posting, let me know. I will bow out with grace, dignity, and decorum.

My many thanks,
apush :read2:

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
They just have a growing list of words that can't be used. The Komputer program flags them automatically.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Jeez Apush, you need to relax. As far as I can see, everyone here likes you. You are one of my favorite posters here.

I believe that the computer system here automatically censors certain words if you type them in (like what happened to you). Many of the words are not what we would call curse words. In fact, many of them would be acceptable in a G rated movie.

So don't worry. Nobody here thinks you are bad or un-ladylike. If they do then they are idiots.

Jim

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Jim,
My humble thanks. I do need to relax! I have that ingrained lady-like mentality that upsets me when I think I have done someone harm. It is perhaps, a gender issue, or just me :)

I really like this forum and did not want to be considered an inappropriate participant (I would faint!)

My many thanks and my hopes that silver pours upon thyself!

PS: had no idea about an "automatic" word processor that Obe noted.

apush :read2:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep its the system, rejecting the word!! i Had the same problem and was getting irritated ( OK very P!ssed off about it) until i realised it wasn't a person but a program censoring the word out i just re-posted like this Ign@rant!!!!! went in OK like that!!! the moderators are free to remove this post if they feel it necessary!!! HH Chug

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings Apush , I think you would have to- *&^% -up a lot worse than what I've seen you
do . I too think you are one of the more beloved posters on here , I personally would very
hurt if you got 86-ed from this site - but i also think the chances of that are slim and none ,
(and slim left town) Blessings , and a heavy silver shower upon you friend ! Argentium.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you must be ceative when posting the more "colorful" words of the English language on here. Then it's up to the mods and not the program.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
its the retarded nanny anti cussing program --dang thing can not figger out jack --it . if it "thinks" it sees a "cuss word" in the "middle of a "word" --it mess's up the whole word -- try to spell c u c u m b e r normally in chat and see what happens

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The posters are right, the deletion was not personal, just another eight-letter word automatically censored. Great reading your crh'ing escapades! ffd

puckhead

Apr 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Be careful as this post will most likely vanish too. I brought up a similar question in a public post and it was deleted completely. I was contacted by an admin and was invited to read their policy. They are within their rights to censor as they see fit since it is their site. I did not agree with it and took almost a year before coming back (I was never asked to leave, just didn't like the rule). After reading this and the word that was censored, I think that it may be time for another voluntary vacation on my part although I will sleep on it. Good luck and HH all.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
obediah said:
They just have a growing list of words that can't be used. The Komputer program flags them automatically.

:hello2: obe you so smart :icon_thumright:. but if you were smart you would order :laughing9:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apush,
I personally am not offended with your term but... all my relatives in the Appalachians are, if they were to ever read this forum. That term is routinely used to describe them and they would be so upset they would go bury all their silver deep in an abandoned well where they could never retrieve it again, just despite you.

Of course this is if I had any relatives in the afore mentioned area...I am not really sure because every time I look up my family tree it seems to never branch far from the trunk...

Please don't get your feathers ruffled about this. We love hearing from you and your experiences. No one here ever gets sick of a good story or a great silver score... keep up the hard work.

AG

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
twinsrule said:
cucumber ...
?
if you need to you can erase this, just wanted to see what would happen! :laughing7:

HEHEHE!

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
I was talking to my son today about a forum he post on from time to time, no moderators at all if someone doesn't like your opinion they use all kinds of bad words to describe your linage and such. I enjoy most all of the post on this forum, You Apush are one of my favorites, because we both started about the same time and have found about the same amount so far .

as for computerized editing I have been frustrated by it before in my work and I hate it.

Piles of walkers in your next rolls.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
apush,
i wouldnt take it personally, ur also one of my favorite posters too, and i would never be offended by what others say on this forum, cuz even if it is bad, its their opinion, and i respect that...good luck and hh.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "Spell Check" on this forum needs some updating, too. "Obama" shows up as a misspelled word LOL and some of the other choices given for different words are truly HARLARIOUS.

As far as socially unacceptable words, piss is allowed, but shit isn't. Go figure. LMAO

The word replaced in that last sentence by the computer starts with "s" and ends in "t". :icon_scratch: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CHAINCHOMP said:
theres no cuss word that starts with "S" Has somethIng inbetween, and ends in "T"???????

[mod]censored by me[/mod]

That spells "RELIEF". Doesn't it?? :icon_scratch: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread