I was duped! Cool rock, not an axe.

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
I found this a couple of days ago at a site that has given up a few goodies in the past. An abandoned trailer lot in the woods I found oddly enough because I had to pee one day and it was secluded. I almost whizzed on a quartz point! Anyway, I had "THE URGE" again and stopped only to spend a half hour looking down. No points this time, lots of quartz flakes though. I saw this badboy and instantly felt myself get hot and tingly expecting my first axe.
All I got was this petrified wood looking dinosaur knuckle thing.
Imma keep it anyway!
IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

Upvote 0

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohio! What are you talking about man? That is CLEARLY an axe!..... just kidding :wink: You know... that is exactly the kind of thing that I would take home. Its getting to the point where I actually am starting to think that some rocks are almost as cool as artifacts and fun to collect. I have some that I bring home and put in the garden because they are fun to look at. You have to admit.... they are interesting in their own way.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see why you picked it up, you'll find an Axe, just persevere, I came across this Axe by accident, mind you, I think I passed it many times. lol. Anyways I brought it back & showed it to my buddy the museum guy here in NC, and turns out to be one. It's very worn, but my buddy said it was well used, prolly a favourite Axe to some Indian.
Not a great looking Axe but still MY first Axe. ;D

Molly. :)

Attachments

• Tool..jpg
    Tool..jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 248
  • Tool..jpg
    Tool..jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 243

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
Funny you should mention having to take a leak and finding an arrowhead. When I was 14 I had been looking for a genuine arrowhead for years. We went to our mountain property and after the long ride I had to take a leak pretty bad. I got out and walked away from the group to take care of business. When I am going and I look down and the pic shows what I saw...
Luckily I missed it by a good foot. I was sure I was being tricked again, I had picked up hundreds of chippings but had never found an actual arrowhead. Did I tell you about the most incredible spearhead I have ever seen in person, that was found by my older brother when he went to take a dukey....

Attachments

• arrow 003.JPG
    arrow 003.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 190

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions