I was gone for a while, now back with a bang ( IH, LC, token )

hoosierfinds

Dec 14, 2005
Richmond Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Took time off due to the heat, drought, and family health issues. It was time to start up again. For a two and 1/2 hours Monday afternoon, I took my XLT to a pre-1900 farmhouse I had scouted in July.
Stayed only on the front and one side yard and in the first 2 minutes I found the token at 5 1/2 inches. The large cent - 1856? - was at 3 1/2 inches a few minutes later. The LC shows well with olive oil but the detail is hard to see with just the clean, dry coin. Too bad about its corrosion. And the 1894 IH was at ONE HALF INCH! It is missing all the "liberty". These were all within a 10 - foot area under a tree at one corner of the house. The rest of the time only turned up 5 mem cents and some scrap aluminum.
I have a 1853 farm house lined up for this afternoon. A nice cool, cloudy day.

Attachments

• Oct 2c.jpg
    Oct 2c.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 557
  • Oct 2b.jpg
    Oct 2b.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 553
Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Now that is a fantastic day!

The Large Cent looks great in the photo. The IH and the token are like sugar on top! :D

Nice to see you back!

Ridley

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Maybe I should take a break. If you find stuff like that when starting back up it would be a good idea.

Nice coins, love the token

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, congrats! They are in great condition, the soil was kind to the finds. HH, Mike

titan

Jun 29, 2007
northwest tn.
Detector(s) used
MXT
very nice!! found a token similar to that ,mine is of aluminium and oct. shaped ,and specifies crystal white laundry soap ,i haven't found any info on it anything you can help me to i.d this is appreciated, thanks!! titan

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That largie is nice. Indian head at 1/2 inch...... I bet you thought you were going to dig a memorial. Great finds. Hopefully the 1853 Farm house will produce even more for you.

OP
OP
hoosierfinds

hoosierfinds

Dec 14, 2005
Richmond Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Evolution said:
That largie is nice. Indian head at 1/2 inch...... I bet you thought you were going to dig a memorial. Great finds. Hopefully the 1853 Farm house will produce even more for you.

Right you are! However, I've learned that when working under trees it doesn't matter how deep it is. Things don't seem to sink as easily.
Steve

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
The large copper looks really nice if you ask me. That token is kick-butt! Tokens are great to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread