TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reality is that this must be a joke, because nobody in their right mind would ever
pay this kind of money for something like this.

Its too rediculas to be true....
Sure Kellyco sells it supposedly, but I would wager they have never sold one, or one of the cheaper
smaller models..

I can buy a small house, and a nice used car and then some for that kind of money...
Its not real...

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The German company OKM does them, there are videos on youtube. Never tried one though. :dontknow:

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
Monty said:
I think I'll pass and get me a RONCO Treasurmatic. Yes folks, it slices, dices, you can ride it in the park, or find gold on the other side of a mountain! It will clean your carpets, wash the dog and polish your car. It will enhance that certain part of your body, prevent disease and will repeat "I love you" in a French accent! All this and for three easy payments of $33,987.00! And wait , that's not all! It comes with a handy carrying case with 4 wheel drive and a 50 horse 2 cylinder Briggs and Straton engine! Park it outside and use it for a tornado or bomb shelter, take it fishing and/or water skiing and a host of other uses too many to describe! All this for just three easy payments of $33,987.00! Cal now and we will include free a genuine autographed picture of Jesus Christ, Adolph Hitler and Benji the Wonder Dog. 405-555-MORON That's 405-555-6,no,.... 4 ...no never mind. This offer expiress November 21, 2008. Ron Popyousocksoff

Billy Mays, your not.....you forgot the lifetime warranty

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eu_citzen said:
The German company OKM does them, there are videos on youtube. Never tried one though. :don't know:

I guise my point is this...
I could put a Bicycle on EBay and list it for $30,000 and tell you that its the top of the line bike
and that the frame is made of Platinum and the reflectors are made of Diamonds and the
chain is 18k gold specially designed to withstand the pressures of 7 atmospheres...
So forth and so on......

And do you really think someone will pay me $30,000 for my bike because of all of this ?
I believe my bike will be there until EBay closes their web site down in 1000 years
because you can get a "Just as good" Bicycle for $100

So yes they may have one.....
In stock and ready to ship, but I have never gotten past the notion that there is nobody out there
DUMB ENOUGH to pay that kind of money for a metal detector no mater how great it is.

beaverdigger

Jan 26, 2008
In stock and ready to ship, but I have never gotten past the notion that there is nobody out there
DUMB ENOUGH to pay that kind of money for a metal detector no mater how great it is.

Uh, well, Uh, I bought one. But had to return it for a full refund cause I don't speak, read or write German. :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beaverdigger said:

Uh, well, Uh, I bought one. But had to return it for a full refund cause I don't speak, read or write German. :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Really? :thumbsup: :D You should've mailed it to me. :D

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jlb783 said:
You could by 260 Ace 250's for that price!

And give them out to schoolkids as prizes at the state fair. :tard:

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had this I would probably still only find stupid memorial pennies :tongue3:

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I have an important question for this thread.

Is there anyone or everyone here that is willing to buy a detector that cost several times what the treasure their hunting for the year is worth?

Hum. What a wierd concept. $65,000 for a couple thousand dollars worth of treasure a year. That would mean I would have to hunt for thirty-one years to get my moneys worth out of my detector. That would make me a senile ninety two year old.

What the heck, it's only money, and the economy is SOooo gOOOd. Right?

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one and the only thing it keeps finding is "golden arches" and the the headphones keep saying "do you want fries with that"

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Piercesdad said:
I bought one and the only thing it keeps finding is "golden arches" and the the headphones keep saying "do you want fries with that"

At least it's not finding Golden Archies. :D

gemhunter

Mar 11, 2006
BC Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett Infinium LS Whites GMT Ace 250 Ace 100 Sunray Probe Garrett Probe
Does it come with water proofed coil & housing, I want one, but must be blue. Oh & it must be cold rated at -60C!
Let go find that lost city buried in the Yukon, lets go get it eh! :headbang:

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gemhunter said:
Does it come with water proofed coil & housing, I want one, but must be blue. Oh & it must be cold rated at -60C!
Let go find that lost city buried in the Yukon, lets go get it eh! :headbang:

I agree. For that price tag we should have the ability to special order and customize it. I mean, c'mon. How many of those do they sell in a year?

:D

drgest

Apr 6, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum II, Fisher 1280x
Whoooaaa. slow down BuckleBoy. I own both the eXp 5000 basic and the eXp 5000 pro. There is a much higher learning curve with the pro and if you jump right into that one I think you'll just get frustrated and stop using it. Don't get me wrong. It is the superior machine of the two. That's why it costs $40,000 more. BUT, I would seriously recommend that you start out with the basic. You could take the other $40,000 and invest it in the market. Right now is a good time. Take a year or 2 and really master the basic. By that time your $40,000 should have grown to $60,000 plus and then go for the pro and I think you'll be much happier with it. Like I said, I have both now, and I tend to use the basic for shallower targets, say to 30 feet down and switch to the pro when I'm hunting in the 60 to 80 foot range. Just a suggestion. Happy Hunting. Oh yeah, and you're going to need a really big shovel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread