Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
drgest said:
Whoooaaa. slow down BuckleBoy. I own both the eXp 5000 basic and the eXp 5000 pro. There is a much higher learning curve with the pro and if you jump right into that one I think you'll just get frustrated and stop using it. Don't get me wrong. It is the superior machine of the two. That's why it costs $40,000 more. BUT, I would seriously recommend that you start out with the basic. You could take the other $40,000 and invest it in the market. Right now is a good time. Take a year or 2 and really master the basic. By that time your $40,000 should have grown to $60,000 plus and then go for the pro and I think you'll be much happier with it. Like I said, I have both now, and I tend to use the basic for shallower targets, say to 30 feet down and switch to the pro when I'm hunting in the 60 to 80 foot range. Just a suggestion. Happy Hunting. Oh yeah, and you're going to need a really big shovel.

Just out of curiosity, have your finds paid for the cost of these units? Did you sell the basic when you bought the pro?

Regards,

Buckles

drgest

Apr 6, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum II, Fisher 1280x
:evil6: Oops. Was trying to do a spoof on metal detector reviews. Guess I made it sound a little too real. :dontknow:

I'm still trying to justify upgrading from my Whites eagle spectrum that's about 15 years old. But I'm cheap.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
drgest said:
:evil6: Oops. Was trying to do a spoof on metal detector reviews. Guess I made it sound a little too real. :dontknow:

I'm still trying to justify upgrading from my Whites eagle spectrum that's about 15 years old. But I'm cheap.

:D Fooled me! I was worried I'd offended you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread