I WAS THRILLED TODAY

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the bank today and asked the teller if she had any interesting coin rolls. She said she had $50.00 in halfs, and I said I will take all of them. I went through $500.00 a month ago and found nothing. Today, I found a 1964, and a 1967. That makes 27 silver coins for 2013 so far. Some CRH and some metal detecting. For me, it is unbelieveable. I had not seen a silver coin since 1965, and now since I have been hunting for them for about a year now, I have a total of 37, including silver nickels, dimes, quarters, and now halfs.

Upvote 0

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you it all adds up

OP
OP
H

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wickaboag, I got a 1942 quarter in change from a small store almost a year ago, and that one quarter has lead to purchase a metal detector, MD'ing most every day, and CRH once every couple weeks or so. Last month I found 4 quarters metal detecting, all Washington's.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Wickaboag, I got a 1942 quarter in change from a small store almost a year ago, and that one quarter has lead to purchase a metal detector, MD'ing most every day, and CRH once every couple weeks or so. Last month I found 4 quarters metal detecting, all Washington's.
You do know that those silver quarters are gateway drugs, right?

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Hikerdude, I started on this site after I took up metal detecting and started finding interesting coins, just like you did, sounds like to me. But coins you find CRH are generally clean and un-corroded, as opposed to all the rusty, crusty, crappy, barely recognizable coins you find metal detecting, which is why I've dialed way back on the metal detecting and ramped up on the CRH. I think it was Willie Sutton who is supposed to have said the reason he robbed banks was because "that's where the money was", and so far as I'm concerned, the reason to CRH is because that's were all the coins are. You agree?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions