OP
OP
S

skool

Feb 15, 2013
in the heart of africa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From what I hear, most people in Sudan, buy their detectors from UAE, you didnt know that? Your right, citizens of the UAE do not detect, but there are business there, that sell new and used detectors. I dont really care where you buy your detector from, but why not buy it from a dealer? Are you going to send US dollars by mail, to the United States? Why make buying a detector so complicated, buying from a private party, that you dont know, and that person, buying a detector for you, and not knowing if it is in 100% working order. How much commission are you going to pay someone, for doing all this work? How much money are you going to send? Enough to cover the price of the detectors and shipping and insurance? As I said earlier, NO one would ever send cash by mail, so tell us how you are going to do it? Of course, you could come back with, "its none of your business". But since you are asking for help, from a forum that I belong to, then it is kind of my business.
You have internet, so why not look for yourself, Gold detecting in Sudan, for a start, but then it was another member that said you were in Sudan, you havent told us anything.
I dont really care where you buy your detector from so why you are talking about UAE !!!!!!
why not buy it from a dealer? did i get the dealer that who have these used detectors !!!!!
yeah its none of your business because you are not going to help the all efforts that you are doing now is to prevent others from helping me

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
every post 3 times ? Really ? :tongue3:

he wants to send the money up front

don't help if you don't want, Admit you don't understand, or are scared,
but where is reading comprehension ?

So very well said.

If he is sending via Western Union, you get US currency on this end.
(a concept very difficult for some to understand)

You ship if from the US, it's all paid for prior to shipping, in US CASH.

What the hell is so hard to understand about this concept. If this is the way this is going to go down- it sounds like Skool is the one taking the chance.

So Skool, how much do you have to spend? Put it on the front page out here. Let's see if this is possible.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Skool is on several forums, including Bill Southern's Gold Prospecting forum, and is getting advice and help from several good people that know what they are doing. Unfortunately, Skool has not been upfront with any of us on what he can really afford (past $2,400 which is not enough) and what our compensation would be. He is asking for someone to put forth hours of work and hassle on his behalf, but fails to tell us what we can expect in return. Smart for him if he can find a "seller," "sucker" or "do gooder" cheap or free, but a little telling to those of us that have suited up for this rodeo before.

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first i want to defend the people calling this a scam . i do not agree with them but we do have that right here in America and i for 1 have always tried to keep a open mind and i for one welcome a informative argument . its the simple quotes of " it just doesnt feel right " that i do not like . yes our world is a cruel place and it gets hard to trust people some times , and these discussions should have both sides .

next i want to say the Mods have done a fine job here i think , they are allowing both sides to speak as long as it does not get too negative , because after all we do have a saying in this country of " Innocent until proven guilty " .

i feel and again this is me , i cant speak for every one , but i feel skool has answered every question so far with a answer i feel comfortable with , except 1 , and that was from liftaloop , who said in a post he would help , i have seen 2 people now i think say they would help him and i have been waiting to see what they have to say .
skools answer did not make sense as to why he refused the help....but then again he is from a total different country then us and i know beyond a doubt that some of my posts/replies make no sense due to misspelled words , run on sentences and just over all bad grammar ,,,, and i am a High School Graduate ...lol

Digracer

Mar 1, 2013
Natchitoches, La
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 until I can get way better
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok ok ok. Step up mods and make this deal happen. Yall run this site, ultimately have the buttons to make or break any of us here. Help your member out. But as a LEO, Ive seen this type of thing many times. Most are Nigerian schemes. Google it and good luck. Im unsubscribing to this thread as I feel I have wasted enough of my time on it considering my opinion on it. Again, good luck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Member is offering to pay cash up front so how can it be a scam? You can take money to bank to verify it is good before purchasing or shipping detector.

Please do not insult member, he is not using PayPal, credit card or money orders, you do not have to put up any money to show good faith...

Money is up front, so not out anything if by chance money was counterfeit...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is also Better then a paper trail here, and according to Terry_S.
it's all over the internet. to prove he asked and offered.

I do agree it is probably next to impossible to get a deal
on a Minelab Gold detector these days.
Especially used, unless it's smashed :(
or being sold by a soon to be deceased wife scorned :laughing7:

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll ask you again Skool- how much money do you have to spend on this?

Please post it here-

Let's see if we can make this happen, out in the open.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, we have two mods that are guaranteeing that this is a good guy, and honest, so us unbelievers are a minority. Since he has asked all over the internet, he must be honest, right? Sorry, but internet is not better than a paper trail, its a dead end, as soon as he pulls the plug. Anyway, time will tell. Now who is going to step up to the plate, and buy this guy a couple detectors?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, we have two mods that are guaranteeing that this is a good guy, and honest, so us unbelievers are a minority. Since he has asked all over the internet, he must be honest, right? Sorry, but internet is not better than a paper trail, its a dead end, as soon as he pulls the plug. Anyway, time will tell. Now who is going to step up to the plate, and buy this guy a couple detectors?

I am not guaranteeing anything, Not even that You will be here an Hour from Now.

Do Not put words in My Mouth !

I said he is saying he will send the Dollars to buy detectors,
Then the person who gets the $$$$
is supposed to buy him detectors and send them out.

skull_and_crossbones.png

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

See post #89- the one RIGHT ABOVE yours.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
someone said south affrica and another said congo llook at google maps there are a long distance between south africa and my country,
if i asked the people at the south africa forum so does not say this guy is scam ?
u believe that i'm scam, and the people at that forum are not scams !!!
i have said that before and i'm going to that say it again some people dont want to hep and they dont want others to help, they are obsessed with conspiracy theories

Not so far from Sudan !!!!! u r not going to carry the package of the detectors on ur pack , post office do the jop for u. the issue is not in the distance
did the UAE have forums about gold detecting so i can find people to buy from them ?
in most arab countries detecting for gold is not something that popular, so making a detectors shop is not going to be a good market, and i have said that many times i'm looking for used detectors that is due to my limit in my budget, citizens of UAE they dont detect so they dont have used detectors for sale !!!
beside that arabs COUNTRIES they ARE still far away from e-coomerce, not all dealers have web sites, web sites are so expensive there, u have to know that life is differnet than in USA ....
and dont say an african country ok, someone here said that most of the scams comes from africa, so i have to send my money to scammers isnt it ?
are you going to mention another country and asking me why not to buy from that country ?
tell me Do you have a reason for me from not buying from USA ?

Why did your grammer and spelling suddenly get so good?

I don't know if this is a scam or not. All I know is that this person is trying VERY hard to get someone here to accept cash (illegal by his countries laws) in exchange for mailing equipment. He is also VERY adament in not buying from anyone located closer to him than the United States. I've never lived in Africa, so I don't know how things work over there, but it certainly seems odd by American standards. I do know that high demand items in remote locations can be sold for double, triple, quadruple or more the price we pay here in the US. Surely since he has internet access he can investigate the expected cost of these used detectors and say "I will pay XXX dollars for these used detectors along with XX for shipping and XX for your time in mailing." Other continents are awash in counterfeit US currency, counterfiet travelers checks, bank checks, etc.

If it's on the up and up, good luck to all involved.

Last edited:

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread has become one of those useless beat the dead horse threads.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
hi skool now that we sort of know your area,i found you much closer detector companies,as i dont
think american citizens can ship you any kind of items
sorry i didnt realize (the heart of africa wasnt the middle section of the continent of africa) LOL on me
anyway a list of Md dealers for you
an article
Sudan gold rush creates a windfall for UAE dealers
Sales of metal detectors shoot up as Africans scan the markets
“There is an increased demand from African customers, especially Sudanese, for metal detectors that can be used to spot gold and diamonds buried underground. The minimum price of a good metal detector is now about Dh40,000 and above. There has been huge demand for this detector because it can be used to find gold in the Nubian desert,” says Mehdi, manager of a trading company handling OKM German Metal Detectors
Sudan gold rush creates a windfall for UAE dealers - Emirates 24/7
OKM German Metal Detectors
OKM metal detectors and gold detectors sold by OKM Emirates FZE, Subsidiary of OKM Germany
dam!
Dh40,000 = 10886.02 usd
Convert United Arab Emirates Dirhams (AED) and United States Dollars (USD): Currency Exchange Rate Conversion Calculator
Nokta Engineering - Nokta Metal Detectors - Gold Detectors,Metal Detectors, Treasure Detectors, Hobby Metal Detectors. ( when you select country SUDAN )
it gives you this
Sudan - Nokta Metal Detectors - Gold Detectors, Metal Detectors, Treasure Detectors, Hobby Metal Detectors.
Suppliers of Metal detectors in Sudan

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes his internet service is in the area of Khartoum in Sudan

-------------------------------------------------
for Tnet members,
i didnt wade through everything ,but i do believe we/us citizens, can not ship anything there
no fedex to sudan if you check ups same thing
Due to the current Trade embargo, we currently offer no services to or from Sudan.
FedEx Home - FedEx International Shipping, Tracking, Express Delivery
sanctions on sudan
Sudan Sanctions
i used simple search term (sudan sanctions*) the asterisk is important for search terms
more
eCFR ? Code of Federal Regulations
simple search/ simple search term (sudan sanctions*) the asterisk is important
eCFR ? Code of Federal Regulations
skool internet service map
Khartoum in Sudan - Google Maps

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread has been an interesting case study on morality and it seems to reinforce a growing trend in North America.
Do we alienate our existing population to protect the rights of a small minority?
Moderators do a fantastic job of making this forum fair to all on a daily basis and I thank you for this. :thumbsup:
Have they gone too far in this case?
Putting the issue of whether this is a scam or not aside, has the question morality been overlooked when protecting this unknown stranger from Africa?
Do the concerns and opinions of long standing T-Net members not outweigh the need to protect a new member who has not contributed to this forum yet?
It’s not up to me to judge whether Skool deserves to be protected at the expense of upsetting other members.
I do have a right to state the obvious which has been pointed out by several people already…….
IT IS ILLEGAL FOR SKOOL TO SEND CASH OUT OF HIS COUNTRY!
That’s the morality I speak of that should have squashed this notion from the very start!
I wish the best of luck to Skool but I feel the good members of T-net have value in what they express here.
Just like how I am free to express my observation.
Am I?
:dontknow:
Cheers,
Dave.

Mar 5, 2013
Gainesville, Fla.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok if you did not do a Google search for "419 scams" here is how one of them works. The person in Africa buys something from you and sends you a check (I know he said cash but that could change and you would not be suspect) anyway they send you a check, you take it to the bank and deposit it and yes your bank will accept it. Then you pay to send stuff. All is good, well not really cause in a month or more when the check does not clear your on the hook for the funds.

Now lets just say this guy is on the up and up. More than likely he wants detectors to resell he even states they cost too much in his country. Would be a nice little business buy cheap in the US from unsuspecting good people, resell at twice the cost. Repeat!

A fool and his money are soon parted!

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok if you did not do a Google search for "419 scams" here is how one of them works. The person in Africa buys something from you and sends you a check (I know he said cash but that could change and you would not be suspect) anyway they send you a check, you take it to the bank and deposit it and yes your bank will accept it. Then you pay to send stuff. All is good well not really cause in a month or more when the check does not clear your on the hook for the funds.

Now lets just say this guy is on the up and up. More than likely he wants detectors to resell he even states they cost too much in his country. Would be a nice little business buy cheap in the US from unsuspecting good people, resell at twice the cost.

A fool and his money are soon parted!

You have not read much of this thread have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread