Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2012
stockbridge, mi
Detector(s) used
Minelab-excalibur II
bounty hunter-time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm looking to spend 1,000 to 1,500 on a new detector. I seen some that say you can use land or water, does the whole thing go in the water or just the coil? Minelab Excalibur II Metal Detector, it say Often Called The World's Best Underwater And Beach Detector...
The Excalibur Series features Minelab’s unique BBS multiple frequency technology, giving you the performance to find more targets, more often.
The unique design of the new Minelab Excalibur allows you to use it effectively in or out of the water.

how would something like this do in the park or construction site?

Last edited:

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The excalibur would work fine in a park, but it's mainly a water machine so you are paying extra for the waterproof detector. Why not the 3030 than??

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
C

crazyed989

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2012
stockbridge, mi
Detector(s) used
Minelab-excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i like the ideal about under the going water. just wanted to know if it works good out of the water, i guess.

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You need to figure out where most of your hunting is going to be done. Than look for a MD that fits that need. One machine is not going to fit every use to a tee.

You said you like the ideal of going under water. Fresh water and saltwater make a difference too. A mid-price MD like the Garrett AT Pro (just using this brand because it’s the only one I know) would be a good starting metal detector for dry land and shallow fresh water. Then up grade if need be.

If salt water is what you will be hunting in, then get a high-end saltwater metal detector make do with it for land hunting.

Give us more info on where you want to hunt most of the time, and I’m sure someone can narrow it down better.

OP
OP
C

crazyed989

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2012
stockbridge, mi
Detector(s) used
Minelab-excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i stay in stockbridge mi. i'm by alot of lakes and rivers. some of the lakes have sand bars out in the middle of them where people set up volleyball nets and party on the weekends. i have the bounty hunter-time ranger.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if you are talking only lakes and rivers than the Garrett AT-Pro will work very well for you, no need for more. As long as you don't want to go into the salt water.

OP
OP
C

crazyed989

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2012
stockbridge, mi
Detector(s) used
Minelab-excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what would you use in the salt water?

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Well it depend on what you are looking in a detector. I use a Detectorpro headhunter wader, and it does wonders. Now I want discrimination and want a lightweight detector, and that was my personal choice. Also the wader works very well on land also so on a vacation you can carry just one detector that is very small. Would I trade it for a Excalibur, well I would have to think about it very much.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread