Ice Cold Gold

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Well if you've been following this show you know that in two episodes they voted some men off the show because (their reasoning) these two men didn't fit into the type of prospecting they were doing............HMM? the why did they need 2 gemologists and two equipment operators? and why do they need guys that didn't know anything on prospecting or mountain climbing ,and WHY did they hire a "expert" mountain climber (Doug)guide that was lost and don't wear protective helment when ropeing down a unstable rock / ice wall when anybody could see material falling as they went? well if voteing people off the show is what they want then my suggestion is : get rid of Eric the geologist that has been biten by "STUPIDITY" in not preparing for this trip with topo mats of the terrain that has elevations marked (he said he didn't know the mnt.was so steep. and don't wear safty glass' while trying to chip out samples.going off his safty rope to try to look for samples in a icey cravas with rushing water. get rid of Americo. he has lots of energy but NO experience / common sense. :BangHead:

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is it a new one ? or is it a rerun with lame twitter pop-ups from 12 year old
twitter addict groupies ?

I have SALEM recording. time to go watch it

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've watched it, and I get what they're trying to portray, the remote setting and all the "danger", but it's just not doing it for me as too many things appear to be over embellished for drama or maybe even staged, I'm not sure. So, I'll be spending my limited viewing time on other options.

All the best,

Lanny

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
DVR'd the show on Turs., and just finished both it and the
newest show that was on this evening (also DVR'd).

Surfing through the commercials and all the lengthy "poor us"
dissertations reduces the actual show to about 15 min.

Best summation: The company is continuing to implode as
they follow Eric's leadership. Best thing that could happen
is they all take their toys and go home, and save us from
watching them all deteriorate further.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I quit watching it after the first year,

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched for a few minutes, and had to change the channel it was so ridiculously over dramatized. Those guys act like spoiled brats and whiners. I wouldn't go out prospecting with people like that at all, let alone on camera.

OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Im glad Doug has gone! now to vote Eric and Americus OFF THE ISLAND! I agre with the brothers and I wouldn't go back either! OR setoff on their own like Eric and Americus did ! I wonder how "super boss Eric" would like that?

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
Cassews, I admire anyone who can even BREATH at those altitudes! LOL

Spent a few weeks at Chad Watkins west of Denver [9000'] and sucked wind every night!

A handful of us New Englanders are going to try to put a pilot together this summer, hopefully with a few special guests.
Stay tuned...

_________________________________________________________________________________

We love living here on the Western Slope of Colorado and know what it takes to do prospecting, dredging, dry washing etc,, Know the problems, the headaches, the fun, the camaraderie. I look at some of those shows and just shake my head.
Yep the people on Prospectors that are at that altitude are something else, they are so used to that its no big deal. I admire them. But I also admire the "Average Joe" who goes out there and prospects.

Well let me know if you plan to do the pilot, and put it on YOUTUBE so we over here can see it.. Thanks !!!

Feb 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG No SHIZZLE! It's not that dangerous if you pay friggin attention!! The drama is weak and the prospecting even weaker. I'm suspect about them actually losing the Red Zone also?

Feb 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anyone notice or think about the only gold prospector? Chad I think? He spent the off season LEARNING how to be a better prospector. They said he was out to make money for himself in the off season. I didn't see that. I saw a guy working at trying to learn to read terrain, seam lines, and find what they were looking for. Ok he made money during that time to survive and help his family. That means to me he was doing what needed to be done not some pie in the sky bullshit. Now they looking for gold and where is the guy who tried so hard to redeem himself? At home I bet making more money than all the monkeys on that show. I personally would have signed on with him and started searching on another side of the island. Let's see who comes out thumps!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still can't figure out how they can use a loop to count 5 specks of gold
& say woo-hoo We're gonna be rich ! :laughing7:
especially when we see what they supposedly had to do to get those 5 specks :icon_scratch:
they expecting gold to reach a billion Dollars an oz tomorrow ? :tongue3:

they could probably earn more scraping 10K electroplate off rings :laughing7:

other then the appearance, the whole show is about
filling a 1 hour time slot on Animal Planet.
what am I missing :dontknow:

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Yep its hard for me to understand WHY he had to use a loop to see the big stuff they showed. I could see it across the room ,and when Eric saw that fine stuff (like Jeff noted) does Eric think everyone is stupid? Eric needs that loop stuck up his..............I better not say! Ive got tobe nice to the mod!:)

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you mean they are into 3 or 4 years and have not found anything of value to claim?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you mean they are into 3 or 4 years and have not found anything of value to claim?

They got the Rubies last year, But , my guess... Just like Diamonds.
the Cartels Bought them out from behind their backs to prevent
the market from being saturated with rubies.

if 10,000 rubies hit the market tomorrow
nobody would pay the exaggerated prices.

Iceland was probably paid to put the area on lockdown.

a big Gold strike on the other hand wouldn't make the same waves.
but mining in those conditions would be next to impossible.
especially when you can only be there a short time each year.
and I doubt Iceland will allow messing with the Ice cover on a large scale.

Considering the whole Environmental agenda.
the show really doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Bluestar9

Feb 21, 2015
The Great State of Jefferson
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For all the fans of Americo, here's your chance to call & talk to him personally. :laughing7:

Hello my friends I am sure you are all out looking for gold now so lets all be safe and have fun and don't forget to leave it better then you found it ..Just wanted to let everyone know our guest Sunday at 7:30 Est on Prospectorsradio.com will be Americo Disantis from the hit show Ice Cold Gold on Animal planet. I hope you all can tune in and call with your questions at 419-520-7574 there will be some great giveaways also during the show so make sure you are listening at www.prospectorsradio.com or here on Goldprospectorsspace.com and you are in the chat room Thank you all hope you enjoy the show

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still watch but imo Americo is on the bottom of the barrel.
even lower the Eric

Bluestar9

Feb 21, 2015
The Great State of Jefferson
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I still watch but imo Americo is on the bottom of the barrel.
even lower the Eric

Yup, I don't think he has any fans, which is why I posted it. Personally I don't care who quit watching or why.
I just thought it would be a hoot to hear him off script & maybe take some embarrassing questions.
Watch, don't watch..... listen, don't listen. Whatever..............

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought this show was canceled because of poor ratings. Is it still on?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought this show was canceled because of poor ratings. Is it still on?

yea it is on tonight 10 Eastern. same time as SALEM

they seem to keep moving it around.
trying to get it noticed I guess :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread