Ice Cold Gold

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Well if you've been following this show you know that in two episodes they voted some men off the show because (their reasoning) these two men didn't fit into the type of prospecting they were doing............HMM? the why did they need 2 gemologists and two equipment operators? and why do they need guys that didn't know anything on prospecting or mountain climbing ,and WHY did they hire a "expert" mountain climber (Doug)guide that was lost and don't wear protective helment when ropeing down a unstable rock / ice wall when anybody could see material falling as they went? well if voteing people off the show is what they want then my suggestion is : get rid of Eric the geologist that has been biten by "STUPIDITY" in not preparing for this trip with topo mats of the terrain that has elevations marked (he said he didn't know the mnt.was so steep. and don't wear safty glass' while trying to chip out samples.going off his safty rope to try to look for samples in a icey cravas with rushing water. get rid of Americo. he has lots of energy but NO experience / common sense. :BangHead:

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, I don't think he has any fans, which is why I posted it. Personally I don't care who quit watching or why.
I just thought it would be a hoot to hear him off script & maybe take some embarrassing questions.
Watch, don't watch..... listen, don't listen. Whatever..............

I can guarantee I wont waste my time.

Of course I wouldn't listen no matter who was on. not my choice of things to "Listen to"

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wasted an hour of my life watching tonight's episode...shoulda known better :BangHead:

I've come to the conclusion that this is not a show about gold,
but rather the drama surrounding the cast members. The whole
show stinks, it's certainly not entertaining, and I'm done watching it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasted an hour of my life watching tonight's episode...shoulda known better :BangHead:

The biggest mistake they made was from season one when
they started voting Members Out ? :BangHead:

I for one would not join a company who could or would vote a member who has helped
explore, off the team.
Why bother helping finding the gold, only to be told
We don't need you now that we found it ?

either all involved share equally in the wealth,
or non do.

& your right.
thanks to the bickering & americo's whining .
It's been turned into a soap opera :(

I also wonder if the 2 teams competition thing is the producers idea

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Americo would be the least of all the so called miners I would want to speak with, he is an idiot. In fact there is not ONE cast member worth speaking with. This show is without a doubt the worst of the gold shows.

Last edited:

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They didn't even make sure to bandage up the correct hand and finger that was supposed to me so badly cut up, what a crock of :censored: How hard is it to remember that after how many takes of the scene?

spummerr

Mar 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all complain about the show, but bet we'll all be watching the next episode so we can complain about it more, lol

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
We all complain about the show, but bet we'll all be watching the next episode so we can complain about it more, lol

Nope... the hotel I'm in doesn't get the Animal Planet- which for the life of me, can't figure out why it's on Animal Planet.

Maybe that's why they had to get a dog?

Hulu won't carry it, and they only carry garbage. So- I'm left watching reruns of Judge Judy and Dukes of Hazard.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In all honesty, I do think the guys in the cast are likely
pretty decent people...in their own element.

All of them are completely out of their element in the show.

Amerigo is a city dweller..miles and miles of concrete, asphalt
and people. No doubt he works hard at what he knows..but,
when taken from that environment and dropped into a completely
foreign world with people he doesn't normally spend day after day
with, he tries his best to be smart..but yeah, when it comes to
prospecting and mining he's lost like a duck in the fog.

Same goes for the rest of 'em.

Eric, no doubt, is a fairly accomplished geologist in his field,
but then his field of study before the show had nothing to do
with locating mineral deposits.

He shows a lot of energy and excitement, but the one thing
missing from his daily routine is....Prozac.

John is about the most normal of any of 'em, and of the entire
bunch he's the only one I'd enjoy spending a day sluicing at the river
with. He's easy going, and shows the common sense of an experienced
prospector.

We all love gold shows, but this one isn't, and hopefully the producers
will lay "Ice Cold Gold" to rest on some lonely ice covered island.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I don't think it could be said any better. Thanks Dizz for saying what way too many of us feel. I really wanted this show to be great, but, like when my wife watches house wives of wherever, all that drama crap whining makes me want to shoot the TV. It makes real miners look like crap. I dig hard, I dive deep, and I love the fever. That's mining, not this BS half-script nonsense that makes miners of the past roll in their graves. Stop whining and turn off the cameras.

JB

spummerr

Mar 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they should bury the show on Oak island. Then At least there would be something buried there

In all honesty, I do think the guys in the cast are likely
pretty decent people...in their own element.

All of them are completely out of their element in the show.

Amerigo is a city dweller..miles and miles of concrete, asphalt
and people. No doubt he works hard at what he knows..but,
when taken from that environment and dropped into a completely
foreign world with people he doesn't normally spend day after day
with, he tries his best to be smart..but yeah, when it comes to
prospecting and mining he's lost like a duck in the fog.

Same goes for the rest of 'em.

Eric, no doubt, is a fairly accomplished geologist in his field,
but then his field of study before the show had nothing to do
with locating mineral deposits.

He shows a lot of energy and excitement, but the one thing
missing from his daily routine is....Prozac.

John is about the most normal of any of 'em, and of the entire
bunch he's the only one I'd enjoy spending a day sluicing at the river
with. He's easy going, and shows the common sense of an experienced
prospector.

We all love gold shows, but this one isn't, and hopefully the producers
will lay "Ice Cold Gold" to rest on some lonely ice covered island.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The bottom line. How are they EVER going to get equipment into that remote area, and if they can its for a very short few months. I have not seen any gold that would warrant the amount of $$$ needed just to transport equipment let alone to setup a mining operation. Furthermore is Greenland going to allow a mining operations from such unknowns as these clowns? The only smart ones of the bunch are those within the Greenland goverment, letting these idiots do all the work and then snap it away from them as they did last year, well if there was any real truth in the first epiosode this year. Remember this is REALITY TV AT ITS WORST!!!!

Look at all the people involved to bring this show to boob tube plus the countless people we don't see.

Untitled.jpg

Eric Drummond writes,

I'm a licensed hydro-geologist and an engineering geologist. A lot of my work deals with clean-up of contaminated ground water and also looking at geological conditions - thinks like earthquakes and soil stability. I do some mining claim evaluation work as well. It's a little bit of everything, really. California is a good place to be a geologist because you've got things like earthquakes to deal with; mining, gold deposits and other conditions that provide work for geologists. I've always been interest in rocks - was always bringing them home as a kid. During my freshman year of high school, I had a great teacher who taught geology and it was there that I pretty much knew I wanted to be a geologist.

Untitled1.jpg

Eric specializes in soil stability as said above yet he leads his entire team into the unknown where mountains of ice give way, yet he enters a crevasse along a glacier to locate gold but he is soil stability engineering geologist.

1krazeepolack

Sep 1, 2009
Buckeye, Az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I watched this show ONE TIME!!!!!! I would not would not waste the electricity my tv uses to watch it again. All idiots !!!! LOSER'S !!!!:dontknow::dontknow:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may be wrong since I can't read his Mind, But I get the feeling Eric is there on a personal tour. just to
admire the Geology.
and to him , finding gold is secondary.
perhaps he is smart enough to know that no matter how much gold they find,
they will be just as poor then as they are now, So he's enjoying the areas he wants to see,
before their time is up & the money stops rolling in :laughing7:

spummerr

Mar 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eric found gold & oil tonite! He's the Jed Clampett of the North now!

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been watching and hoping something would come of this..but it seems its all about drama.
Cant remember which season it was that John sat and cried because he wasn't being treated fairly and I busted out laughing..what grown man cries on TV because his playmates wont let him do something?
Cant remember the gold sluice guys name but he seemed to be the one they need most and they kicked him off because of a mistake one of the Feldman brothers made on the GPS..im sorry but if that was me id have popped him in his prissy boy nose rather than let him stand there,lie and make it that I screwed up.
Lastly, I hope they find something to get some money so americo can fix his teeth..everytime he smiles my eyes are drawn right to his teeth..sorry but I you have enough money for all those tattoos you had money to fix your choppers. IMHO

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next week should be the one to watch if you've missed it all season.

"bleep bleep bleep" "bleeep" "bleep bleep"

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Much BS I hope this is the last season.

All season long there are six of them & they get skunked everywhere they go.
Then the last 2 weeks they have a big Fight, Split up & Eric is this Mad Genious
who takes the 3 of them
and every spot they hit is worth while.

Now next week a cave with walls of Gold ? :happysmiley:

get Real :BangHead:

If they found all this stuff, They did it through out the whole season.
& the break up & Last minute results & Drama
is all an invention of the editor & Producer.

Last edited:

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The split and the fight are kind of silly. The Feldmans actually are the owners of 60 degree resources according to the Arizona corporation commission. So regardless of the spin the show puts on it they are not out by any means. Just more manufactured drama but the prospecting is kind of cool. Makes Ya wonder how much of it is even for real.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The split and the fight are kind of silly. The Feldmans actually are the owners of 60 degree resources according to the Arizona corporation commission. So regardless of the spin the show puts on it they are not out by any means. Just more manufactured drama but the prospecting is kind of cool. Makes Ya wonder how much of it is even for real.

yea there are times I even wonder if filming is really in the wilds of Iceland.
Or just out side town on occasion.

it's obvious they do not air in the order things happen.

half way through the season "dog" . next week, No dog.
then next week dog again. last 2 weeks no dog.
either dog became major baggage, or dropped out the copter with the Baggage :laughing7:
or they are not airing in order.

Even if they stepped out the copter & immediately stepped on a solid floor of gold,
first day there.
the show would be edited to them struggling till the final episode.
and then they would pretend Americo found it, so they could name it after him :BangHead:
I still think he's writing the script. or Perhaps Financing it all

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread