Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd love to see your skills in action

Ok I want to be 100% honest with you guys... I've always been doubtful of your craft, but still extremely curious. I've been lurking in on you guys for a few years and I have to admit that I have seen posts that were dowsed and replies of finds after the fact and I'm I have to admin that it made me wonder. So I'd love to see if anyone here can make a believer out of me :icon_thumleft:

Here is the background on the pictures I'm posting.

This is a land that was owned by a wealthy family and was the location of the militia musters in the 1800s. There were hundreds of people present and they would come from surrounding towns. The event included towns folks, vendors and militia companies that would come for inspection and drill for the pay of 1 shilling and a quart of rum.

Officers would get $2 in gold pieces and 4 quarts or rum. (rum was actually used as currency back then).

I have permission to detect anywhere that you see other than the north side of the interstate and the area I marked in red. Also the house I Xd out at the top of the first picture.

I've found coins, bells and buttons, but I really want to find a militia belt plate to donate to the museum that is now on the property or some gold coins to split with the land owner.

I know they are there, the question is just.... where?

So with all that being said... Is there anyone that is willing to give these pictures a go for me?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image (3).bmp
    1 MB · Views: 100
  • New Bitmap Image (2).bmp
    971.6 KB · Views: 82
  • New Bitmap Image (4).bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
  • New Bitmap Image (5).bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is only one way to find out about dowsing, try making a cheap pair of L-rods to check it out for yourself.

Red circles for loose coins or artifacts of value, from surface down to 1-2 feet deep. Green for archaeological type of hits, including non-metallic targets such as Native American flints, pottery, carved rocks/trees, old foundation sites, etc.

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image (2)-SeaninNH.bmp
    971.6 KB · Views: 81
  • New Bitmap Image (3)-SeaninNH.bmp
    1 MB · Views: 71
  • New Bitmap Image (4)-SeaninNH.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
  • New Bitmap Image (5)-SeaninNH.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 77
OP
OP
SeaninNH

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Red. I appreciate your time.

I'll give those spots a shot next time I hit the farm and post the results.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello SeaninNH,Dowsing revealed aan attraction to gold coin/jewellry in the areas of the green circles. Lead/brass in the areas of the yellow circles. Loose silver coins in the area bounded by the blue line. That area contains lots of loose coins and relics.Thanks for posting your pictures,Jon

Attachments

• sean3dowsed.jpg
    sean3dowsed.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 83

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread