Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see your point but I think it is also a great coin machine. I mainly hunt in trashy parks. I think the Deus can really shine there also. Take a look at the "sifter" program. There is also a rare video of Calabash coin hunting using that program. What it on youtube and you will see what it can do on coins. The Deus using that program unmasks targets like no other coin machine I have owned. To do the same thing with my Xterra for instance I would have to constantly change from my larger DD coil to my 6 inch DD coil. With the Deus and the right settings you can do it all with the one coil. For my kind of hunting that is.

I have just never wanted to relic hunt. Not saying I wouldn't but just never had the opportunity. Anyway watch his video and you will see why it makes a great coin machine also.
Garys Sifter program is saved in one of my custom slots.....i suppose for cherry picking coins in a park ID norm on would be my setting as well....but more importantly... who is this Calabash you speak of?

Txop

Oct 21, 2017
North Texas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, X-terra with several coils, White's MXT, Whites Classic ID, Troy Shadow X2 (my first detector), and a carrot pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott in S.C

Here is a link to one of his videos.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, who is this guy and all his relic videos. We want coins!

Oops TXOP you fell for Ted's extremely dry sense of humor. I tend to be more goofy and straight forward with my sarcasm.

TXOP - keep plugging away (literally). You are asking great questions and it makes me rethink what I do out there. I was a staunch multi-tones guy in the beginning (learned from Sabisch), then a staunch full tones guy (Calabash and others), and finally have come full circle to realize that you can search and interrogate a target with different modes (full tones, multi-tones and pitch with disc, and gold field) and get different answers on a potential target. I sometimes quickly +/- my way through all these programs on a single target to get a feel for it (especially when it is giving me primarily iron tones and ID) and to make that dig decision. Believe me, I was working a frozen field a few days ago and you really needed to be selective before you pick-axed your way through the asphalt.

Last edited:

Txop

Oct 21, 2017
North Texas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, X-terra with several coils, White's MXT, Whites Classic ID, Troy Shadow X2 (my first detector), and a carrot pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like the full tones. A few months ago I bought the X-Terra. I buried 4 coins in the back yard. What I didn't realize is that I buried them right over my internet feed coming to my house. I get so much EMI from it in the backyard that I haven't been able to find any of the coins except the clad quarter. I really haven't tried the Deus in the back because of all the chattering when I turned it on. A couple of hours ago I took it out and decided to turn the sensitivity down and use the "sifter" program with id norm on. I was able to find all the coins. I know they say it's not the deepest program but most of the coins, including silver, is not very deep here. In my area we have real thick black clay. It's a mess to dig in especially when wet. Most good coin finds are less than 8 inches. The last silver I found was not even an inch deep.

I did call the guys in Mass and asked them about the ID Norm being saved in the custom programs. He said I was not the first to notice this. He believes it was one of the miscellaneous items fixed in V4.1. He wasn't 100 percent sure so he gave me an email address to the developers so I can ask them. I'll post if I here back.

It does seem like there are a bunch of relic hunters on here. What do you all do with all that junk? :)

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Throw it out and just keep the relics. You should go into the Gettysburg visitors center and ask the Park Service that same question. There must be something to it if the Feds are willing to treat someone like a cartel drug dealer for simply driving through the Park with your metal detector in the car. Lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread