Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The forum has ok search tools. Check out this thread from a little over a week ago (esp. the response from Charles) that should have popped up on a search on "ID norm".

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/deus/559129-id-norm.html#post5590855

Post there if you have additional questions.

I will say this - as you have noticed, the Deus squeezes the target ID's to the upper end of the range as you increase frequency since the target ID's cannot be any higher than 99, yet all target ID's increase with frequency. To me this is a drawback because you lose target ID resolution, especially at the higher end of the scale. Since ID NORM is normalized to 18 khz, XP has chosen to normalize to the frequency that that has the least upper end resolution. To me, this makes no sense. To UK hunters, they love it because they primarily search at 18 khz because they are mostly looking for mid-conductive targets (small hammered coins and gold). If XP were really smart they would allow you to choose the ID norm frequency (I personally would choose 8 or 12 khz because that is where I do most of my hunting with the lf coil). Point is kind of moot now that I almost exclusively use the round HF coil. The hf coils have no option to select ID Norm. HTH. More info in the thread I linked.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions