Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weigh them using an accurate scale. Don't know the numbers but I bet you can look them up

OP
OP
B

Boba Debt

Oct 8, 2017
Havelock, NC
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a gram scale that I use for meteorites, I just didn't think there would be enough of a difference in weight to know for sure

But I'll try it

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to upgrade my quarter collection to 90% silver proofs.

I bought 9 sets (2000 - 2008) for $148 shipped but how can I be sure they are 90% "silver proofs" and not the silver clad "proofs" with the S mint mark?

Thanks

????? Ok so to start the 90% silver proofs will have the s mint mark. Also no such thing as silver clad. The clad proofs will also have an s mint mark but will have the clad rim. The silver proofs will have a silver/white rim.

To verify you can weight check if you feel they are not authentic.

Beware of the plated quarters that look silver but have the p or d mint mark.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are copper-nickel the same as the business strike quarters from Philly and Denver.

San Fran mint will strike silver proofs along with clad proofs and clad coin. Not sure what year but recently they are striking non-proof clad quarters.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
They are copper-nickel the same as the business strike quarters from Philly and Denver.

The San Fran business strike quarters have been struck for the ATB series since 2012 with the El Yunque (Puerto Rico) design. They are only available direct from the Mint in rolls and bags. In 2012, the mintage was 1.4M, but has since dropped to 1.1M. They have a lower mintage than the proof strikes. I've been buying the rolls and the strikes are amazing. They look like the old-school proofs without the mirror finish.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other