IE 10 Browser

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We notice that you are using an older IE browser.. You may experience a slow loading site, and problems logging in and staying logged in with this browser. We recommend getting either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox or at the very least upgrading to IE9 for the best TreasureNet.com experience.

I keep seeing this message when I get to this web site. I am currently using the newest browser.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
I wouldn't worry about it - obviously the script that reports your browser version, etc. isn't working properly.

socalocmatt

Mar 19, 2013
Corona CA
The only thing worse than IE 10 is IE 10 + Win 8.

You will find many issues with website when using IE 10 because of how it reads code and what code it no longer reads. As HTML advances there are new codes that replace the older version (ie. <center> is more commonly seen via style="text-align:center;"). IE 10 decided to drop support of much of the older style of coding which is still very common since not everyone updates their code when a new version of HTML becomes the standard.

OK, my rant is over. Really though, Google Chrome will fix the problem (the problem being that you're using IE 10). :)

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Google chrome collects user information, so technically every string of data you enter into a textbox, without even hitting the enter button, google gets. I'll be sticking with Firefox matt-dawg, nice dog by the way.

OP
OP
LifeNRA

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I never had ANY problems with IE since I been on the internet, 1998. Tried them all, I keep going back to IE.

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem here either and I am an old IT guy. Open your browser click on tools then select options. Now on the last tab, which is advanced look half way down and click the reset. Close the browser and re-open it, you will now have to answer a few questions as if you are setting it up for the first time, just select default settings and your problem should be solved.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread