If I ever had any doubt about the Land Ranger Pros..........

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I ever had any doubt about the Land Ranger Pro's..........

.........ability to find small items, I lost it today.

I got a hit in zinc today. Said it was 5" down. I dug a nice U plug and used my XPointer to seek out where it was. Long story short, I picked up a small handfull of dirt and the XPointer said it was in my hand. There wasn't much in my hand and as I broke the small pieces of dirt, this little beady cap showed up. I also found a small snap. I put them next to a few coins (quarter and dime) from todays hunt for reference. The small cap was in the hole after I cut the plug and the hole was 4" deep. But there was so much chasing this that it could have come down from the sides. It's nice to know that the LRP finds the tiny stuff. I was in Mode 4, sensitivity 9 and disc at 19. The unit ran completely quiet until it detected metal. ie No EMI.

003.JPG

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to know it can find small buttons and such. I cannot wait to purchase mine. Should be within a month hopefully. :occasion14:

Is there a small 5 inch sniper type coil that fits the LRP for smaller finds?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's the setup I used during my test hunt last week. Super light and I had no doubt it could find that snap. Would love to see more of your future finds.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good to know it can find small buttons and such. I cannot wait to purchase mine. Should be within a month hopefully. :occasion14:

Is there a small 5 inch sniper type coil that fits the LRP for smaller finds?

There is a 5" made by FTP and also by NEL. Slightly expensive by BH standards. The older 4" BH coil works, but suffers slightly in depth and ID due to being tuned to the older 6.6 khz BHs.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's the setup I used during my test hunt last week. Super light and I had no doubt it could find that snap. Would love to see more of your future finds.

Thanks. Never got tired swinging the LRP but after a while the legs hurt from the up and down. One thing I noticed today is that (I believe) the PP depth only goes to 10 on the display. 10 means 10+ as well. I wanted to check that. The AM mode on the LRP is one of the best I ever worked with. VCO and still TID/Segments. The LRP is quiet and when the VCO breaks the silence, you know it's a target and you can check the TID. But on deep targets, the VCO softly breaks the silence. I like that better than threshold change myself.

I usually don't do pics unless it's something special.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread