If it wasnt for bad luck I wouldnt have any at all

U.P. Northwoods

Jul 27, 2008
Nisula, MI/Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix M6
If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all

Well, as of late I have not been able to catch a break and really do some MDing in close to a month now. :'( Been having to do a bit of traveling for the company and by the time I get home it's to late. Weekends have been full of projects that had been put off this past summer because my daughter was getting married (of course that is not a bad thing). Was all set to get a chance this past Saturday. Wife and I went and got a bite to eat, got home and found the dryer was caput and the washer was leaking like the devil. >:( It was only a month ago too that the stove took a dump. To say the past summer was not only busy but expensive is an understatement.
The good news is the washer and dryer come today and I can finally get a clean change of underwear ::). Just kidding! Again more good news. Two more days and the wife and I head north back home for three fantastic weeks of clean air, freedom from traffic and of course work. Then I can get some great swinging in, copper hunting and have a few really great looking old homesteads to explore with the M6. Thatnks for letting me do a wee bit of venting. Time for the morning :coffee2:

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Re: If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all

Good Luck! Sounds like you have a break coming.
I have a friend that is an incredible fisherman. His theory is that the more trouble you have getting to where you get a line in the water the better the fishing will be. Here's hoping your dirt fishing works the same way. If it does you will strike Gold in the UP!

HH
Mark

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,

let us know how you do, i havent been out in a couple weeks and need a fill, hoped to get up that way but holding down cost, may be layed off soon

OP
OP
U.P. Northwoods

U.P. Northwoods

Jul 27, 2008
Nisula, MI/Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix M6

Thanks so much for the luck guys. Another busy evening. Installing the washer and dryer, mowing the grass, packing. 30 more hours and we are on the road. I'm sorry to hear you may be layed off. That's the pits. :( I know how the employment picture is in our U.P.
I am hoping to dig up a few goodies that's for sure. But in the same breath hoping to tag one too. A deer! God I'm homesick. We definately have to get together sometime. I will give yous guys an update when I get back. :thumbsup:

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck to you! Are you going to follow up on that lead I gave you while you are there? Let me know if you do and have any success. I have been swamped at my business lately and haven't swung hardly at all. I have some great sites to hit but will be spending some time in the treestand as well. Good luck.

OP
OP
U.P. Northwoods

U.P. Northwoods

Jul 27, 2008
Nisula, MI/Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix M6

You betcha, I'm going to check into that tip. I actually won't be that far from there on another place too. I was thinking about you and Oct. 1st. Thought your business would be picking up and glad to hear it. I hope I get mine while I'm there. My blind is about 200' out my back door! Thanks for the luck and will let you know. :thumbsup:

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck man,
and HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread