If money was no issue

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well if money were no issue, I would build a couple pole barns with top security. since money is no issue, I would hire only the best to secure what contents are in them. I would order thousands of BOXES of halves, and THOUSANDS of boxes of every denomination since money is not an issue. Of course dumping would be, but that's not an issue because money isn't an issue ;D

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I think we are missing the point of AF's post.

How much is too much to order from ONE bank?

I think these are some indicators....

If the delivery guy has to make a second trip with his dolly just for you, he is bound to complain, and the complaint will trickle down.

If the girl tellers have to make more than 3 trips carrying your swag to the counter, they will begin to gripe, which will find it's way to you.

A manager that is bothered by too many gripes has very little patience.
Tellers that are unhappy are bad business for you, sooner or later.

OP
OP
alaskanfever

alaskanfever

Mar 8, 2011
ALASKA
Thank you PileDriver for your post it was on topic. But for everyone else it sure is nice sometimes to read about your crazy imaginations. I was wondering though what you guys thought would be to much to order from one pick up bank. I was able to find another pick up bank so i might be able to do alot more coinage. my dump banks are still limited for now but i have one really good one but i really need two or three more.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I generally let THEM set the limit.

I do this by saying..."I want to order as much as possible...without causing a hardship or an expense to the Branch".

And sometimes, (regrettably), the amount you can order is limited by the amount you can reasonably dump.
If you start leaving banks stranded with coin that you do not pick up, the supply will DRY UP.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
from what I have noticed, every bank is different. The people are different, the guidelines are different, etc... So I think that the amount of halves you can order is going to be relative to the relationships you can create and build with each individual bank. I find that some banks will go out of their way to order halves for me (calling me on Monday to confirm whether I wanted halves ordered that week or not since they hadnt hear from me that day). Then, I have other banks who make me feel like such a dirty rotten bastard for ordering some halves that I try not to make it a common occurrence (I can usually feel a dump start comin on by the 2nd or 3rd time this happens). So my answer to your question, for me anyways.... Figure out how many boxes you wanna order ever week, and then keep creating pick up banks until your order is sufficiently filled each week... I am about ready to move up in volume again, and just a couple months ago I felt like 2 boxes a week was for the "freaks". Now, as I have mentioned, I go crazy if I cant do 3 or 4 times that amount......Hopefully this levels out soon... I feel like a junkie who keeps building a tolerance faster than I can get loaded enough to enjoy the affect it might have. :help:

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Don't over do it.. if it's become a pain for them to deal with it.. they will not do it.. be considerate on the quantity. Ask them what works for them. Sometimes they just don't have the room since they also have to carry other coins for themselves.

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
I suggest ordering from a few banks. Tellers are quick to tell you they will order you whatever you want, but when they are lugging the boxes out of the vault every week, it can soon change to being cut off. I was cut off at a WF last week and I wonder if it was the quantity as I and another guy were picking up 4-5K every week.

MU

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Most banks have no problem with $1000.00 in halves. After that, you order at your own risk!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread