if only

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello Christo000... yes... I've found nugget / ore hunting and searching for other minerals to be far and away the most interesting of all metal detecting applications. There is so much to learn about mineral responses to metal detectors, and of course mineralogy is a lifetime adventure unto itself. Plus it takes us into wilderness areas we might otherwise never experience... and that's aside from the excitement of our finds, evening campfires, and the friendships made in the field.

Just wondering... would Maine be too far away from where you reside? Perhaps a planned prospecting vacation to Maine or elsewhere might be a viable alternative. Then too... jewelry hunting can be turned into a memorable travel / sightseeing vacation whereby you could hit any number of beaches along your route as your time and scheduling allows. Good luck!! :)

Jim.

PS: The other side of the pasture tends to look greener... the prospect of gold and silver jewelry finds look pretty good to me after a long hard tramp in the bush with nothing to show for it... which is too often the hard reality of nugget / ore hunting.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, you mean to tell me you don't find a nugget or two Every time your go out! Naa, that can't be. Ha, Ha, I wish!!

Yes one needs to enjoy the country, the adventure, the struggle to get in as well as back out, the beauty of a plant/a magnificent landscape and maybe even being startled by a bear every now and then. Its all part of "being out there looking" without finding every time or many times and still being content to go do it again because its just what we do.

Hang in there christo000 as you've some great equipment and every time you go out you will learn a little bit of something that will make you better. At some point you will even begin to understand your machine and then the learning curve will really jump along with finding good targets at least, that is the way it was for me when I first started back in the days when a White's 6000 D was fairly new.......................63bkpkr

Reg

Aug 10, 2007
Pueblo, CO
Detector(s) used
White's TDI, TDI SL, GMT, GM 4, MXT, Tesoro LST, Lobo, Bandido, Vaquero, Sidewinder, Fisher GB 2, GB SE, F75 LTD Camo, Minelab SD 2200, XT18000, Discovery Goldtrax, Cointrax, and too many others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will add another little bit of wisdom. When nugget hunting, serious hunters use the All Metal mode which just happens to work well for meteorites.

Well, I have no idea how many meteorites I kicked aside when nugget hunting in Gold Basin AZ before I found out what they were. My guess is I tossed aside a few thousand dollars worth.

Before that, I tossed away a few old railroad locks while looking for coins in my coin hunting days. I quit that tossing stuff like locks once I found out a lock could be worth up to $500 or more while most coins found might be worth a buck or two at best.

So, take it from a guy who has made more mistakes than he wants to admit, when out in the field, don't step over or toss items of value whenever possible.

Reg

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys this is one of the many hobbies that is gonna be with me for quite a while I apreciate all the advice any is better then none HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread