If sky divers are "Adrenalin junkies" are we "anticipation junkies" ?

Colorado Kidd

Feb 19, 2007
Southern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a pro, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Ace 250
If sky divers are "Adrenalin junkies" are we "anticipation junkies" ?

I was thinking about what I like most about detecting and it has to be all of the anticipation. My favorite thing is when the target is no longer in the hole but hidden in the dirt pile. I almost don't want to look and find a crusty zinc penny. Until its in my hand it still might be a indian head or a barber dime. But even if its just a pulltab the very next signal is sure to be something good. Its exacltly like opening a present each time. Sometimes it is something you will remember for the rest of your life. Sometimes it is something you already have. Sometimes it clothes from your aunt June.

Then there is the anticipation of upcoming hunts. What will we find this time?
Maybe today is the day. You know there is a lot of really great stuff just waiting for your coil to swing over.

Re: If sky divers are "Adrenalin junkies" are we "anticipation junkies" ?

Its kind of like Christmas or even better yet, just finding an unexpected suprise where you know everyone else has walked over a million times.

The only thing is, YOU know there is something there but everyone else walks past it and you think to yourself "Why dont they do what Im doing and find this stuff!!".

The history, the monitary value, the recreation and the joy of finding something that has been lost. As I said before, for everything you find, there is someone, sometime that has lost or thrown it away. Just thinking about what the item went through to get there is in itself a curiosity. You never know if some well to do man about town threw that indian head to a group of kids in a parade or some poor waif lost it on the way to the market to get the family a loaf of bread and a cadillac! ;D Of course back then I guess it would have been a steam wagon or model A.

Above all, this hobby makes you think on several different levels. I take the Zen approach. If its meant to be found it will reveal itself but only if I help it happen!

Lets study this!

What could go wrong with;

DETECTING; Batteries fail, detector or digging tool breaks, feet get wet, sunburned neck and arms, mosquito bites, bee stings, poison ivy, dirty clothes, get dirt in eyes, get hassled by some tree hugger for disturbing the "FRAGILE ECOLOGICAL BALANCE", bothered by some annoying kids, get caught in a sudden downpour, YADA,YADA,YADA!!!!!!!

SKYDIVING; Chute fails to open. nuff said!

I rest my case!!

"If at first you don't succeed..." it's much better to be a treasure hunter than a skydiver! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back