T

tennessee hawk

Hello to all! I have been viewing this forum for some time now, and have finally got around to joining. I'm TENNESSEE HAWK, from you guessed it, TENNESSEE! I am for the most part a Civil War Relic Hunter, but I also like to hunt old house-sites, bottle dumps, arrow heads, and the like. I have a photo-gallery started at: http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t57/tennesseehawk/ . If you have any problems getting into it, just let me know. I am looking forward to talking to all of you, especially Ol' Grubstake , and Fossis. We share a lot of the same interest's.
TENNESSEE HAWK :)

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Man, grub and his dumb gold get all the attention. Welcome to the fray, I used to live over by Knoxville.

birdy1976

Mar 3, 2007
Russell Springs,KY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 PRO
Hey welcome to TN. I live close to the Ky-Tn border, Russell co. Ky, to be exact if your anywhere nearby I know alot of old mill, house,and school locations nearby we should get out sometime to hunt. Anyway welcome to the net......

Great Hunting and Rutting to all!!!

birdy1976

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Tennessee Hawk. I live in Wartburg, Tennessee. Nice finds there!...I hear of a civil war skirmish here but have not to located it yet. Where bouts are you located?.
Have a good one, DANGLANGLEY

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel
Welcome TN Hawk, Nice stuff on your slide show. Your in a good spot for CW. Look forward to reading some new posts.

HH- Ronin

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Welcome to T-Net and some sweet looking finds you have.
HH, Mike in NJ

OP
OP
T

tennessee hawk

Thanks for the welcome. I live in Lexington Tn. I hunt the areas near Shiloh and Corinth on privately owned land. I am also only ten min. away from the battle of Parkers Crossroads. One of my favorite spots is a place called Purdy Tn. It was a town built in 1824. Only one house remains standing today. Pop. was pretty big for the time. I got to get to work, see you guys later.

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!I look forward to your posts.HH

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Welcome to Tnet! The best site on the web. And you don't need to pay attention to Ol Grubstake. All he ever finds is gold nuggets. :P :P :P
Happy hunting
~Nash~

Ted Mac

Sep 11, 2006
Sylvania, OH
Detector(s) used
Compass/Coinscanner Pro, Teknetics Mk 1
Welome, TN if you want to know how to find pulltabs, foil, old nails, pop cans, gum wrappers or any other non gold, silver, or copper metal let me know.

Ted

OP
OP
T

tennessee hawk

Thanks again to all you good folks. Nash, do you ride a scoot? I rode all my life, just gave it up last year. To the other welcome, I am a foremost expert nail digger! That ghost town I talked about has more than enough for everybody. To the guy from Kentucky, maybe we can get together some day. I been digging since 1978 on and off. Most all my stuff got sold off due to different reasons. My best coin find at Purdy was a 1813 Spanish 1/2 Reale. So far this year, I got two Mercury dimes same day inches apart. A1923 and 1924. I got a buffalo nickel same day. I got my "first" silver half New Years Day on my first signal, a 1900 Barber Half mint mark S. Across the street on another lot I got another Buffalo, and a 1945 War Nickel. Last week-end I got a 1922 Peace Dollar and a Seated Liberty Half you can only make out the Eagle w/shield on back. Both of these coins had been neatly drilled for necklaces. Two weeks ago at Purdy I got my first Seated Liberty Quarter, 1850 Mint Mark O. And a Seated Liberty Half-Dime, 1851 Mint Mark O. And a 1850 Large cent worn slick as glass. This was in a small jar along with two .54 Cal. Sharps bullets! I thought that was really neat. I do not have a scanner for the computer yet, so the pictures are kind of fuzzy on my photo website. I will post more stuff later.
TENNESSEE HAWK ;D

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
tennessee hawk said:
Hello to all! I have been viewing this forum for some time now, and have finally got around to joining. I'm TENNESSEE HAWK, from you guessed it, TENNESSEE! I am for the most part a Civil War Relic Hunter, but I also like to hunt old house-sites, bottle dumps, arrow heads, and the like. I have a photo-gallery started at: http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t57/tennesseehawk/ . If you have any problems getting into it, just let me know. I am looking forward to talking to all of you, especially Ol' Grubstake , and Fossis. We share a lot of the same interest's.

Welcome to the forum

What a bunch of junk, ;) I'm jealous I wish there were civil war relics in So. Cal. :'(
Maybe one of these days I will stumble upon an old stagecoach stop.

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Natman from Mo. says hi and welcome :)

Nat

Top Member Reactions