“If someone is surreptitiously working the Lost Dutchman Mine"

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Re: “If someone is surreptitiously working the Lost Dutchman Mine"

Hola amigos,

Jack H wrote
I gave a reference site to that statement "Only one gold mine working in Mexico" etc

Just a suggestion but there are many sources available on the gold and silver mines of Mexico, we should not rely only on one site which may simply not be aware of all the mines in operation or is only counting the largest operator; just for an example Eldorado Gold is operating two gold mines in Mexico and there are a number of small operations with as few as one person working them.

As an aside here, is your given name John, and most call you Jack? Just curious, if you would rather not say I won't be offended.
Roy

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Central Pennsylvania, ex SoCal
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

Agree, agree completely Ray,

My interest to post Cerro San Pedro was only for a reference to "Output", based on the needs of Peralta to fulfill his mission to the King of Spain.

I don't like anyone to Philosophise to me. And it sure looks like that's what "I" am doing around here. I am Just learning as I go, which opens a lot of doors which can be expected, and throwing out questions to myself and anyone who would be interested. Most of which probably don't have answers available to any of us here.

For instance: Did I read somewhere that Peralta was minting coins at or near the locations of his Mines ? When I look at the Cover Page of "Treasure Hunting", I can only imagine this is the type of coin he would have minted, and are some of those His ? If the answer is Yes, that tells me his shipments were going directly into circulation, almost immediately after his delivery. Orient ?

The Oro sacks that were found by the Soldiers, puts a different spin on Minting. Was Peralta's minting processes halted by the situation at Red Mountain where he was about to be attacked ! Did he skip any additional minting, load up what ever ore, gear necessary for his plan to leave the area ? I would think Peralta had several Scouts for the safety of the Expedition. How much time did Peralta have after realizing he was about to be surrounded, to secure his area for departure ?

A successful mining operation like Peralta's would leave mined ore unprocessed in the mine for the next expedition's return. He could only take what he was equipped to take with him. Utmost efficiency would be processed ore (pure gold) for travel.

Jack is my Given name. My mother said my father named me after an American Indian friend of his.......JH :coffee2: :coffee2:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Don Jose,

I have decided, except for this post,:) to sit back and just watch the conversation flow for awhile. I like the directions it's going in. :sad11:

Take care,

Joe

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Listening quietly, but with horribly itchy fingers --> note oro & joe.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Itchy fingers hmm? I might suggest 'scratching that itch' by putting your book into words amigo, hint-hint wink wink nudge nudge! :wink: :icon_thumright:

cactusjumper said:
Don Jose,

I have decided, except for this post, :) to sit back and just watch the conversation flow for awhile. I like the directions it's going in. :sad11:

Take care,

Joe

Seems like a good idea for me too! :thumbsup:
Roy

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oroblanco said:
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Listening quietly, but with horribly itchy fingers --> note oro & joe.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Itchy fingers hmm? I might suggest 'scratching that itch' by putting your book into words amigo, hint-hint wink wink nudge nudge! :wink: :icon_thumright:

cactusjumper said:
Don Jose,

I have decided, except for this post, :) to sit back and just watch the conversation flow for awhile. I like the directions it's going in. :sad11:

Take care,

Joe

Seems like a good idea for me too! :thumbsup:
Roy

What a good idea - I just may follow suit ... ;-)
*chuckles*

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Central Pennsylvania, ex SoCal
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

(A successful mining operation like Peralta's would leave mined ore unprocessed in the mine for the next expedition's return.)

Quote:
The gold cache was actually bullion left from the days of Spanish mining operations. However, the Indians would not remove the gold, since it was cursed by those who placed it back in the mines. Because the gold had already been mined from the earth, it was relatively easy for Rhoades to obtain it. Reports indicated Rhoades first trip to and from the "lost" mine lasted two weeks and he returned with more than 60 pounds of pure gold.
(http://webspace.webring.com/people/mt/the_treasure_hunters_hideout/wave.html)

Sound familiar?

Quote:
The Indians knew where the mines were, but only because they had been forced to work in the deep tunnels as slaves of the Spanish. After many years of oppression, it is believed the Indians revolted, killing most of their Spanish captors. The Indians then returned the gold bullion to the earth, sealing the precious metal in the very mines it came from. It was only when the Indians began telling the white man about the gold that the secrets began to unravel. (same source as above)

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been reading this and I have several questions in regards to the postings.

1. IF the mine IS being worked illegally and the area is off limits, then it seems someone may see someone doing something.

2. With the issues of the 4 men come up missing and death involved, it would lead to leave in question it could be more than one person doing the dirty deed.

3. Also, with that said, 1 person would not be able to mine it all by himself. One could, but the chances of being seen would be noticable, but on the other hand even if more than one person is involved chances of them being seen would also be noticable.

4. Now if more than one person WAS doing the "illegal mining" then that would leave 1 or maybe 2-3 people posting as guards around the foothills, or surrounding ridges, to guard, shoot to warn or worse, while maybe 1 or 2 go in a dig, recover and do it all over again.

If one thinks about it if a "LONE MINER" went out all by himself and found the mine, mined it, one would have to wonder, (being they went alone), Did someone follow them? Did someone see them? Is someone outside the mine waiting for them to come out, etc?

So if one logically thinks about it "IF" they went alone, you found the mine, went inside and spent maybe even less than an hour in it recovering the fine riches of gold. You would wonder before going out of the mine if someone might have seen you before you exited the mine.

So in a situation like that, (I am a gutsy kind of person and fears no wilderness, even going out alone, even wild animals, snakes, bugs, and men do not phase me, being an Army guy and combat veteren somewhat gives me an advantage of survival), But I am not stupid either! If I was to venture out in the wilderness in search of a lost mine in hopes of recovering gold, I wouldn't do it alone, and I certainly would be packing in some heavy firepower from handguns, to semi auto high powered rifles! Not for fear of someone trying to rob me, but the fact of defending my life and who else goes with me! Of course, I would ensure they are well armed as well before going out!

AND if I was to do something like this, I would have least 2-3 people coming along, so 1 or 2 could go in the mine, a guard just outside the mine entrance and another guard out on a ridge somewhere! Oh, lets not forget radio communication with everyone, especially the 2 guards outside the mine!

So there is a lot to think about with the mine and whomever maybe mining and doing the dirty deeds!

I always wanted to go there but I never had the opportunity yet to venture out to it.

Last edited:

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
With all of the fairy tales going around on the subject of "The Lost Gold of the Apache Thunder Gods" ( one gringo to another, all of the time) one might consider wearing a jungle hat and carrying a butterfly net to conceal their real purpose for being there. If the butterfly net is large enough, it may even provide for one's safe travel as it would assuredly scare away most mental patients at the same time. A white coat might contribute to your safety here as well. Remember to watch your back out there because fear itself is really your greatest enemy.

If you dress like a prospector, your asking for it.......If you carry a camp shovel without TP, you are asking for it and likewise with a metal detector. Some nuts would react due to your personal choice of sun glasses and sneakers, others in the way you walk. Hats don't count (old Indian law) in the Tontos. The big hat mountain far above the mine is a given.

Three guys carrying AK47s and fat back packs might work too; it does here in Utah, but there you could still be followed by hippies or gangsters who think you look like pot farmers. The mine is not being worked by anyone we know or anyone else for that matter ever because their looking entirely in the wrong area all together.

Nuts, who can only wonder if you have found it are the most dangerous as their imaginations will run wild all over you. Yes, I would say that if one continues to keep looking where they have been, where no mining is going on or ever has worth mentioning, you shall surely reap what you sow; a hole that someone crapped in, a day or two befoe.

I don't give to much of a damn about it other than protecting the arts associated with the entire ordeal and telling the story as handed down to me. The spirit guide who once shared it's location with me; wishes to go on sharing as the hunt must go on....like old world poetry

In a place that you must visit, with thoughts one must behold,

There lives the last of memories, else legends go untold.

Where Spanish blood invaded, and Apache tears were traded,

Through the son of David, All for a Carpenter's dream.

In some strange way, the area still seems to belong to the Monks; that's the influence that comes across out there. Rather eerie at times. Not going to attempt explaining it with words.

Last edited:

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Lost Dutchman Mine

With all of the bodies that have been found in those mountains over the years, and so many of them being found with a sack or pack with gold ore in it, one must draw to the conclusion that a small group of characters who think they know where the mine is, has been doing the killing over so many years and are responsible for planting the ore on them after the deed. Almost sounds like an organized tourist attraction.

Go figure..........

Last edited:

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought you already emphatically stated that you had found the mine, so shouldn't you know if somebody is working it?

I wish I had a dime for every time someone has claimed to have found the Lost Dutchman Mine: I'd own a grand mountain estate and fine yacht.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is what I thought.

Springfield said it best here:

Springfield
user-offline.png
Bronze Member
bronze.gif

pw.png
Apr 2003
New Mexico
BS
30 times

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Cubfan64
.... Always find it curious why someone would spend one second on a forum topic they have absolutely zero interest in.

They have an interest, but they're only waiting for a response that rings their bell. If it ever happens, they'll contact the poster privately. Nothing of true value will appear here.​

You and lastleg like this.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Marx

But if you are really interested ??

Two names come easily to mind.
Guy "Hematite” Frink
Walter Gassler

But then again, thinking without knowledge rarely leads to anything more.
It's sorta like safe sex.

Regards:SH.

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Springfield said it best here:

Springfield
Bronze Member
Apr 2003
New Mexico
BS
30 times

Originally Posted by Cubfan64 http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/lost-dutchman-s-mine/319488-dutchman-ore.html#post3007320
.... Always find it curious why someone would spend one second on a forum topic they have absolutely zero interest in.

They have an interest, but they're only waiting for a response that rings their bell. If it ever happens, they'll contact the poster privately. Nothing of true value will appear here.

[*]Unlike

You and lastleg like this.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Marx

But if you are really interested ??

Two names come easily to mind.
Guy "Hematite” Frink
Walter Gassler

But then again, thinking without knowledge rarely leads to anything more.
It's sorta like safe sex.

Regards:SH.

Thats true, Im still waiting for something to look at from marx.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130311_205653.png
    ForumRunner_20130311_205653.png
    144.5 KB · Views: 193

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats true, Im still waiting for something to look at from marx.

This horse is a true treasure marking .you can look through the hole and find the treasure.
My daughter is better then I will post jesus sculpture and 1000000 marking.sorry on the markings delay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread