If you had unlimited time and money. How many boxes would you do?

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd be more than happy to do 100 right now since I have the time. The problem is in the dumping. No machines around here, unless you count Coinstar, and the ones around here don't pay out in gift cards I can use. Very limited compared to what Coinstar offers overall.

Soooo, it's dump $500 here, $500 there. I have to measure dump time in miles and hours.

Rascal

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
TimZim said:
I would like to know what you would do?? 2 boxes 10 ? 100 I could do 100 that would be full time. but i could do it. :thumbsup:

Well, the obvious answerer is with unlimited time and money comes unlimited boxes.

Honestly though, I would be happy around 25 boxes a week. Enough to keep me busy, enough to stack away some serious coin and enough to give me time to do other things. I am currently doing 10 boxes a week. 4 one day and 6 the next. Hell, I might even say 35 boxes, 5 a day would take me about an hour and 15 minutes to unwrap if I go like a mad man. I did a string box today in 15 minutes.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 14 boxes to day. By the time i got home i only had 2 boxes left. And $1200 in dumps for tomorrow. :thumbsup:

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
If funds were unlimited, I would only be limited by my dumping situation. With family and my regular job I would probably do 50 per week

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Unlimited dumping too?

I'd work 100 boxes a week, for as long as I could.

Like many others, dumping is the big pain for me. If I could just add one more dump bank now, I'd bump my weekly order to 6-8 boxes a week.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
If I had unlimited time/money, I would possibly still do a couple boxes per week... but doubtful. If I had unlimited time/money, I would be acquiring collectable coins/silver/gold at whichever possible outlet is going to allow the largest, most valuable collection humanly possible... I guarantee that isnt CRH'ing.... Same damn dream I am having, just a different car Im drivin in it, (with a whole mountain of cargo space avail. of course).

cool thread.

chris.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am new to this and my dump banks and pick up banks are about the same#. Thats all i know!! You can make this any way you want to!! Its all up to you. As we know all areas are not the same! And can't hold up to a lot of boxes every week. :thumbsup:

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
To those here doing heavy volume more power to ya because for every CRH'er here there are the unlimited numbers out there without a concern for anything but how much they can get their hands on who leave a trail of complaining tellers by not following even the most basic of rules.

IMHO, anyone doing much more than 20 boxes a week is already pushing the limits of their local banking system whether they want to admit it or not. It is the bank teller's job to be polite and nice to the customers and most try to be just that even if it means accommodating someone who they know is abusing the policies of the bank. It is not the bank teller's "duty" to handle the massive amounts of coins that some people feel are OK to dump onto a bank. Because you can carry 10 or 20 boxes of halves doesn't mean that the poor little old lady teller can and sooner or later with the rising price of silver and the general increase of people CRH everywhere, it is probably just a matter of time before the banks put an end to the hobby (which it still is to some, maybe most) one way or the other if for no other reason than to protect their employees.

Anyone doing much more than 20 boxes a week is not fooling anyone that they are a coin collector and they might as well be wearing a big flashing neon sign that says "Silver Hound" because with every extra box they are advertising to the rest of the world about a hobby that already has a delicate balance of supply and demand. Hobby coin roll hunting is done in the bank's legal gray area between personal and business accounts, IMHO anyone wanting to do 100 boxes a week should arrange for the Brink's truck to come to a warehouse like that guy who is doing the pennies. What would I do, or what could I do, or even better yet what should I do? 2 to 10 maybe, 20 would be more than enough for me.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talk to all my banks and there is no problem in my area!! The # banks for pick ups and dumps. Is what it takes to keep them happy.Not over doing it. I use 35 banks only a few know i do more then what they get for me!! This is just pretend Minkybodi just pretend!!! We all know large amounts of boxes would hirt us all in the long run if not done right. :BangHead: And the bank will stop any one that over does it!!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20+ boxes a week before people know you are a collector? WRONG! No normal person buys even 1 box of halves (think about it - it's $500 in halves!)

And the answer to how many halves would I do?

ALL OF THEM! - Every last box in America. And u guys get none.

HH
BB

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
The_EE said:
TimZim said:
Well, the obvious answerer is with unlimited time and money comes unlimited boxes.

The pure CRH'er in me says it would be all of them. I would enter contracts with cash vault services in every major area as well as with every national bank, purchase sorting and rolling equipment, lease real estate, hire a work force, take delivery of rolled and/or loose coin, and process it.

The realist in me says it would probably be near 0. I do love CRH'ing, but a big part of it is that it is a great hobby that fits within my time and discretionary budget. If my time and discretionary budget were limitless, I would probably find other hobbies to fulfill my treasure hunting needs.

JT10

Oct 29, 2010
The Mitten State
madwest said:
The_EE said:
TimZim said:

The pure CRH'er in me says it would be all of them. I would enter contracts with cash vault services in every major area as well as with every national bank, purchase sorting and rolling equipment, lease real estate, hire a work force, take delivery of rolled and/or loose coin, and process it.

The realist in me says it would probably be near 0. I do love CRH'ing, but a big part of it is that it is a great hobby that fits within my time and discretionary budget. If my time and discretionary budget were limitless, I would probably find other hobbies to fulfill my treasure hunting needs.

+1! :thumbsup:

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's get real. If you have "UNLIMITED" money and "UNLIMITED" time, you do not need to CRH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take up Golf, Fishing, Crochet, Underwater Basket Weaving whatever tickles your pickle. Everybody calls this a hobby but we all know why we do it, and that is the bottom line. The thrill of the hunt can be found in many different hobbys, not just CRH.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skyrocketing silver (like right now, round $35.50) will end this hobby far more quickly than any one "greedy" CRHer (I got news for y'all, you arent looking for silver because its pretty :wink:). 3 CRHers ordering 25 boxes/week or 200 CRHers ordering 2 boxes/week, do the math.

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
FreedomUIC said:
Let's get real. If you have "UNLIMITED" money and "UNLIMITED" time, you do not need to CRH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take up Golf, Fishing, Crochet, Underwater Basket Weaving whatever tickles your pickle. Everybody calls this a hobby but we all know why we do it, and that is the bottom line. The thrill of the hunt can be found in many different hobbys, not just CRH.

Glad to see you back and my thoughts exactly. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions