unusual bag find

half dollar bill

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to my bank to get my bag of halves and they tell me they forgot to order them in. They have a coin machine there that is behind the counter, and I ask if they have any boxes of quarters. They do, so I buy one. The teller says that they also have a bag of quarters from their machine, so I buy that too. Didn't find any silver, but I did find an 1864 2cent piece, large motto, in AG condition. I figure I'll sell it to a dealer and use the money to, buy silver.

Upvote 0

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice am doing a lot of boxes and a few time a week i get that to. We for got. I was out sick. What ever. To day i waited 45 min to get my 2 boxes. At one of my stops its just part of the game. Tomorrow 20 boxes i can't wait!!!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
half dollar bill said:
Went to my bank to get my bag of halves and they tell me they forgot to order them in. They have a coin machine there that is behind the counter, and I ask if they have any boxes of quarters. They do, so I buy one. The teller says that they also have a bag of quarters from their machine, so I buy that too. Didn't find any silver, but I did find an 1864 2cent piece, large motto, in AG condition. I figure I'll sell it to a dealer and use the money to, buy silver.

Or use it for more volume.

OP
OP
H

half dollar bill

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
ckrakowski said:
can we get a pic of the 2 cent piece?

I am going to sell some of my 40%ers to buy a camera, then have someone show me how to work it so I can post pics. of my finds.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
half dollar bill said:
ckrakowski said:
can we get a pic of the 2 cent piece?

I am going to sell some of my 40%ers to buy a camera, then have someone show me how to work it so I can post pics. of my finds.

Most cameras have a macro or super macro feature to take great up close pics. If you have MS office, you can use their picture manager to resize pics

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread