IH, Barber, and Wheats-- Life is good

eric in ks

Oct 29, 2005
middle america
Hey everyone, Haven't been out lately, but we had a little over 1" of rain last nite, so I made it out for a few hours today. Went to a yard I got permission to hunt a few months ago, but it's somewhat of a manicured lawn, so I wanted to wait till we had some rain and today was my today. The IH is a 1905 and the barber dime is smoother than a baby's bottom, but it's my first barber dime. If you hold your head just right and use some imagination, it looks like 1902. The wheats are 1919S, 1919D, 1917, 1943D, and 1957D. The kansas tax token is my first one, so that's pretty cool. The other token says 709 B on the reverse, whatever that means. I loaned my ace 250 to a friend down the street who is wanting to get into detecting and have given her a few pointers. Went out with her last nite and she dug her first coins which was pretty cool. She likes the turn on and go, but is not crazy about the 250 pinpointing. Don't know that I blame her. She wants a metered machine that is friendly, so thought I might point her towards a Deleon or Prizm series. It'd be kinda cool to have someone down the street to go hunt with. Hope life is good to everyone. Keep on keepin on, Eric

Attachments

• 1905 IH.jpg
    1905 IH.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 233
Upvote 0

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
Those are GREAT finds!!!
Isn't the 1943-D wheatie a steel penny? I'm surprised it's not all rusted up.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Yes, Life is good here. Not always that way so savor the moment. Good job on the barber. They don't come easy around my town either.

Mirage

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Nice finds there, Eric. Seldom do I get to see coins come out of the ground (here in Eugene) in such nice shape!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions