Ike National Bank

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped off, after work, at the CU that usually has Ikes. In fact, they've supplied me over three hundred of the Ikes I've gathered this year.

They have been having some difficulty getting them the last month or so (and today was no exception) and the manager suspects the Fed (?) is pushing the new Presidential dollar coins and not filling any requests specifically for the Ikes (like they had been).

It wasn't a total loss though, (for not only were they Ike-less and only had a single ('74) half dollar), as a teller overheard my query and asked if I wanted to buy a silver quarter she had in her tray.

I said yes, we swapped quarters, and I walked out with a 64p.

See, there are some nice tellers out there.

Upvote 0

silvershark

Feb 1, 2007
Illinois
fiatboy said:
Since the new prez dollars came out, I've had zero luck with Ikes.

Yea, same here, I'm really getting tired of the tellers trying to pawn them off on me becuase they are so ugly.

I have a friend that works at a local bank and she said that she has had alot of old people buying hundreds at a time.

to me, they are FAR to ugly to collect. I only have one, and thats becuase I am trying to get all dollar coins from most recent to earliest.

-SS

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Since the new prez dollars came out, I've had zero luck with Ikes.

I spoke too soon. Today I picked up 14 Ikes. But of course I had to suffer through the teller trying to push the new prez dollar coins. They remind me of the video game tokens I used when I was a kid at the arcade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread