"Im a banker"

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
"I'm a banker"

eventually, tellers ask a question like "what do you do for a living.", well, to all my C/H/R'n gang, I propose a unique response--- "I'm a banker", if they want to take it further, and say what exactly does that mean, just tell them you buy coins, take them around, make deposits, and alot of other things. if they ask who you work for, tell them you are a self-employed banker, i'm telling you if'n there are tellers that don't know about the Ag, they'll believe you are a banker. and technically, we C/H/R'ers are bankers in a sense. I'll let you guys think about this, ol'50, is going to get some rest.

I'm going to try this this throughout the week, I'll letcha know what kinda response I get.
if'n anyone else gives it a shot, be sure to post details of the "I'm a banker" conversation

Upvote 0

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let us know how that goes. it sounds like trouble to me, personally. honesty has always turned out to be the best policy for me, but to each their own.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously Dude... What are you even talking about?

OP
OP
50cent

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Seriously Dude... What are you even talking about?

I'm talking about when Tellers ask 'what do you do for a living', 'what are you doing with all these coins" ect, and using a funny way to respond it it. The whole point, is simply for fun, and I genuinely want to see how a teller is going to react. Honesty is the best policy as weasel said above, but I want to have some fun and I'm going to give this a go, I'm sorry if this does not sound like fun to you AdDicted2Ag, but I honestly want to see the reactions of saying "I'm a banker" as a response.

danya

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
How about "I'm not going to tell you." ?

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm talking about when Tellers ask 'what do you do for a living', 'what are you doing with all these coins" ect, and using a funny way to respond it it. The whole point, is simply for fun, and I genuinely want to see how a teller is going to react. Honesty is the best policy as weasel said above, but I want to have some fun and I'm going to give this a go, I'm sorry if this does not sound like fun to you AdDicted2Ag, but I honestly want to see the reactions of saying "I'm a banker" as a response.
When I buy dimes this one teller asks me a couple times what am I looking for. I tell her I am looking for a 1982 dime with no p she said she would keep a look out for me for one. Told her thank you.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always tell them my real job, why not I'm on a first name basis at all my regular banks. I try to come across as a real member of the community, rather than a suspicious character moving money around all over the place

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always tell them my real job, why not I'm on a first name basis at all my regular banks. I try to come across as a real member of the community, rather than a suspicious character moving money around all over the place

THIS... Honesty is simply the best policy... I just don't understand why one would even attempt to lie to the tellers.. They are not as stupid as you think.. First of all, how many "self-employed" bankers do you know of? Exactly.. Second, unless you plan on roll hunting in a $1000 dollar suit from brooks brothers, i highly doubt they will believe you are a banker.. Bankers do not often wear jeans and a polo in public, nor do they normally drive up blasting hip-hop in a tricked out civic.. I am not saying you do this 50cent, but I am just saying the odds of them believing you are slim to none.. Just tell them the truth... You might be shooting yourself in the foot otherwise..

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ive never been asked what I did for a living. It would probably piss me off if I was, its not their concern or is it information necessary to complete the transaction. It like walking into subway and being asked what you are looking for and where do you work? Oh did you want that toasted?

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
think it would be a pretty funny joke. not being mean, or lying, but most tellers and cashiers get so bored i'm sure just the break in monotonous customer relations would brighten their day. I used to love when certain customers would come in to the gas station i worked at because they always had an interesting story to tell or we knew they were drunk and couldn't sell them booze, so we thought up ways to have them fail an in store sobriety test. (like counting backwards from 23 to 11 or listing the odd numbers between 35 and 45.)

OP
OP
50cent

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
You are doing business inside the bank. Therefore, you are a "banker".

went into a 5/3 today with a suit on, asked for some halves & scored me a lone 67'. The teller asked me why I'm wearing a suit, I told her "I'm doing some banking today". didn't really have the opportunity to say flat out, "I'm a banker", but the tellers had a good laugh, because, and they've seen me a few dozen times. close yo, but no cee-gar.

if anyone else has done the same, please tell us what the teller's told you.

Adjove

Feb 15, 2013
eventually, tellers ask a question like "what do you do for a living.", well, to all my C/H/R'n gang, I propose a unique response--- "I'm a banker", if they want to take it further, and say what exactly does that mean, just tell them you buy coins, take them around, make deposits, and alot of other things. if they ask who you work for, tell them you are a self-employed banker, i'm telling you if'n there are tellers that don't know about the Ag, they'll believe you are a banker. and technically, we C/H/R'ers are bankers in a sense. I'll let you guys think about this, ol'50, is going to get some rest.

I'm going to try this this throughout the week, I'll letcha know what kinda response I get.
if'n anyone else gives it a shot, be sure to post details of the "I'm a banker" conversation

Wouldn't this be like calling a cent a penny? Would you not rather educate them truthfully, with the proper information. We wouldn't want people calling things names that do not belong to them would we? HH 50, all in good fun, you converted me from penny to cent.

Bell-Two

Aug 28, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & Ace 250
Maybe try I am a "Money Broker" sounds reasonable enough with out being too specific and it is the truth anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions