I'm a Butter and Egg Man

mattgaudian

Nov 11, 2013
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had probably my best water hunt ever. Found 5 silver dimes (2 barbers 3 Mercs). Found my 2nd Walking Liberty of the year(1923). Found my oldest coin I've ever found a 1864 Indian head. A Chinese coin. 2 silver rings. And a token for a 1925 play The Butter an Egg Man. My buddy found one of the counterfeit Morgan dollars I've been finding ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473819872.449889.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473819900.449928.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473819935.383166.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473819954.783995.jpg

Upvote 21

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt! Those are some great finds you've got there, I really like that token. Congrats and HH

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Awesome old lake finds! Do you wade or dive? Would love to see what is deeper! Nice

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice love the Indian Head. I have noticed that the only Indian heads I have ever seen that are holed are from the Civil War years. It makes me wonder if they were not worn as some sort of remembrance.

sent from my computer by frantically poking at the keyboard with a single finger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That my friend was an awesome hunt. Gotta love it when you dig many keeper coins and that cool butter and eggs token. Wow, simply Wow.

OP
OP
M

mattgaudian

Nov 11, 2013
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice love the Indian Head. I have noticed that the only Indian heads I have ever seen that are holed are from the Civil War years. It makes me wonder if they were not worn as some sort of remembrance.

sent from my computer by frantically poking at the keyboard with a single finger

Our area wasn't settled until about 10 years after the civil war by civil war veterans so it would make sense that it might be worn in remembrance

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion that makes it a civil war Relic I found an 1863 with a hole in it in southwestern Pennsylvania about 10 feet away from 4 matching Civil War era general service buttons. The buttons were all in the same hole more or less a 2 foot square area anyway which tells me it was a discarded coat. I have heard stories about Civil War soldiers sewing money that they took from the enemy that they killed inside of their coats. This is a subject that there is much debate about but I believe it considering the way I found my buttons and coin not to mention Gettysburg occurred in 1863 not far from the location.

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In any case I believe what you have there is more than just a coin congratulations

jwp1964

Dec 18, 2014
Maryville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Lite, Garrett Freedom Ace Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Amazing day. Congrats on the nice finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why else would a penny from that time be holed, even then it wasn't worth big money.
Very nice water hunt, I'd pound the heck out of that area!

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Terrific finds, the title of your post caught my eye. at the beginning of a food service career in 1970s, the old-timers would refer to breakfast Cooks (who occupied the bottom Rung of the ladder) derisively as 'butter and egg men'. Surely this plays title was at the root of that. had forgotten all about it till I saw your post, now this old-timer is reminiscing about the many wonderful people I thought of as 'old, during my youth.
Don't get any older than you are right now. :laughing7

I'm going in to your earlier post now to check out these counterfeit dollars wondering if they're the micro o series, or something else. thanks for your posting, and continued success to you!
two walkers in a year? I found my first last week or so took me 6 years Plus.congrats !!

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Just looked at your cft dollar posts they are not the micro o's as these deceived Top Notch experts until recently being silver and correct weight. I find many counterfeits of an earlier era mostly George two half pennies in lead and pewter alloys, I personally I am much happier finding counterfeits then genuines as they we're not generally produced in the numbers that real coins and possess an expression of Criminal Intent. I've discovered a certain type of site where they can be found in most cases

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that was one productive hunt! The token is really cool! Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread