Im A Research Junkie!

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm A Research Junkie!

I've always loved reading history and studying maps. I enjoy most anything old, which is probably a common link between most of us here! :lurk:

Anyhow..... I find myself researching far more than hunting! :icon_study:
Just today, I had a few extra hours, and instead of swinging my detector, I went to my local library and studied historical pictures of my area!

I need balance! :help:

K

Kentucky Kache

Re: I'm A Research Junkie!

Sounds like you'd make a good cache hunter. Maybe you are one. :icon_thumleft:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You would be a good "Alpha Team" member. A small team of treasure hunters with various specialities. I know a professor that was paid $120,000.00 to work with a team for 8-months, and got 3-percent of the finds. Good research is priceless. Of course, being able to read Spanish and Latin from the 1400s helps to! :notworthy:

Theakiki said:
I've always loved reading history and studying maps. I enjoy most anything old, which is probably a common link between most of us here! :lurk:

Anyhow..... I find myself researching far more than hunting! :icon_study:
Just today, I had a few extra hours, and instead of swinging my detector, I went to my local library and studied historical pictures of my area!

I need balance! :help:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Research is good---------------but MDing your research is BETTER.Good research always pays off.

Cass

Feb 16, 2005

Hi Theakiki, It appears to me you may have found your "Balance"already and just may not realize it. In prefering to do the research first/more, than, the actual detecting, you are fulfilling what detecting is mostly all about, enjoyment and fun, simple as that. The detecting is another dimension added to your longtime love of History, and sharpens your research skills in knowing you can go there and actually "dig the history"! Detecting CAN become boring hard work, and terribly frustrating after so many dry runs with nothing to show for all the "fun" we are supposed to be having.Lol,even the simpilest of detecting hunts will require a grain of thought(research) put into it, so you are well ahead of many folks in realizing the real goodies are more likely to be first found on some page of history, then later at the end of a detector coil. Looks like a pretty good "balance" to me! You cool, Dude!!! And there are others that feel the same!!! HH, Cass

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread