Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sending back the Attack coil. It would be a good field coil but I'm trying to concentrate on a park in New Orleans ( City Park ). It's the oldest public park in New Orleans and the Attack sounds off like a war zone, not to mention pretty heavy. What coil would give me everything I'm looking for as far as maximum depth, not too heavy and iron discrimination. This park is been hunted over pretty well in the last few decades and I'm trying to get those extra inches on what they missed. Is there such a coil or should I just get a new detector? I was considering the XP Deus, Great depth, easy to set up, very light, but I was also told that it doesn't discriminate very well between the bottle cap and a quarter. What's set up is the best machine for what I'm trying to do? HELP PLEASE!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
A friend of mine visited New Orleans a few years back. And he used an explorer II to get several silver coins out of an old park there. Explorers are good and deep park turf machines, once you get used to the flutey orchestra sounds.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah there are many of parks in old neighborhoods Ike the Treme. Unfortunately you may risk your life to find fortune there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread