foreverRich

Mar 31, 2009
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
,GTA1000, Discovery3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my foot doctor yesterday and got a clean bill of health since having my toe amputated last October. As those of you that have followed my posts know, I found several silver dollars and a lot of change at a house that I have been hunting. I told a detecting friend about it and he said he would like a chance to hunt it. I was hoping , since he had a better detector, he would find another silver dollar. Alas, it was not to be, but the coins are still there based on our success. Here is what we found before supper tonight and we only stopped because it was getting dark. Sure feels great to be out again instead of watching other find treasure on You Tube.
yes.gif

Attachments

• 1252017 Hunt.jpg
    1252017 Hunt.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 1252017 Half Obverse.jpg
    1252017 Half Obverse.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 112
  • 1252017 Half Reverse.jpg
    1252017 Half Reverse.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 1252017 Kennedy Half.jpg
    1252017 Kennedy Half.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 17
Wow ! did each of you find one ? Kennedy silver half dollars just don't get dug up too often ! I guess everybody kinda hoarded them .

Awesome hunt!! Three silver halves on one hunt and two of them Kennedy's that never show up. Sweet!!
Glad you got a clean bill of health and made up for lost time. Congrats!!

Wow ! did each of you find one ? Kennedy silver half dollars just don't get dug up too often ! I guess everybody kinda hoarded them .

These are just the latest from that lot. So far the total is twelve halves. One Franklin and the rest Kennedys. What blows my mind is EVERY ONE of them was found with a pin pointer after the dirt was removed from a hole and piled to the side. There is so much iron in the ground that a detector doesn't detect them. Almost all of the coins today were found that way. You really don't need a detector. The ideal way would be a sifter to run the dirt through. You would have to see it to believe it. All of today's coins came from about a four square foot area.

That's pretty amazing - Glad you're back to rake in those half dollars again! :thumbsup:

Love the big sliver! Congrats on both the finds and being able to get back in the hunt!

These are just the latest from that lot. So far the total is twelve halves. One Franklin and the rest Kennedys. What blows my mind is EVERY ONE of them was found with a pin pointer after the dirt was removed from a hole and piled to the side. There is so much iron in the ground that a detector doesn't detect them. Almost all of the coins today were found that way. You really don't need a detector. The ideal way would be a sifter to run the dirt through. You would have to see it to believe it. All of today's coins came from about a four square foot area.

This is awesome. DO you think M.S. Robbins (or someone) buried them there intentionally? Like in order to hide or hoard them?

This is awesome. DO you think M.S. Robbins (or someone) buried them there intentionally? Like in order to hide or hoard them?

From what I was told she had jars of coins stashed around the house. It was a two story house that had been vacant so long, after she died, that the second story had started collapsing down to the first floor. It was so dangerous that very few attempted to enter it. That's why it was demolished. No telling how much money was actually in the house. I am sure a LOT of money went to wherever they hauled the debris. People who watched it being torn down said it was "raining" money. Based on what I have found, I have no doubt there was lots more that wasn't recovered. It is certainly one of those once in a lifetime opportunities to recover a large volume of coins
on one city lot.

Good Lord! Those are some fantastic finds! Big Congrats! I'm happy that your foot is better and wish you well.

tabman

Good Lord! Those are some fantastic finds! Big Congrats! I'm happy that your foot is better and wish you well.

tabman

Thank you and all those that have welcomed me back after loosing the toe. I am so grateful to be able to detect again and still have that site available to hunt. I missed hunting more than I will miss the toe. LOVE this hobby !!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back