Im befuddled with nickles

Tico14

Jun 16, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7, 1266X, Troy Shadow X-3, Tesoro Deleon, Silver Umax, Whites IDX-Pro (Mr. Bill's Mods), Silver Eagle, Modded Classic 1,
I'm befuddled with nickles

I know that cherry pickers usually leave Nickles but this is getting kinda ridiculous. In the last month I have found like 6 V's and about 11 buffs and only one merc.
I like digging nickles but a silver coin would be nice.
The victorian Costume Jewelry was a nice change of pace
decfinds.jpg

Upvote 0

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I'm befuddled with nickles

Some people - - - would complain if they found V nickels! ;D

I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid - hmmmmm, that's a while ago.

Great score, from a guy that does dig nickels, but hasn't found one of those, or even a buff for a while.

My Tesoro Golden Sabre was a nice nickel machine; it had a discrim knob that you could adjust the threshold, so I marked where nickels fell out (and pop tabs), and it was amazingly accurate.

So - I'm glad you're finding nickels, but if you get sick of them and want to send 'em up here, I'll have my kid dig them into my favorite hunting spot! I guarantee they'll get a smile form me! :thumbsup:

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D

One thing I miss about the Fisher CZ is digging all those great old nickels. Those machines are super hot on them. Somehow, I have not been able to set aside all the silver coins I'm finding with the E-Trac and pick up the CZ again to dig nickels. :laughing7: I have a CZ-3D, but I think my CZ-5 was the hottest nickel machine I've ever seen. Must have been some quirk in the electronics. Anyhow, with the E-Trac my nickel count went down to under 50 and my silver is almost 300. Best year for silver with the CZ was around 30-40 coins. :icon_scratch: I think the CZ would be a killer machine with a DD coil, the concentric coil is it's weakness, and it likes iron a little too well sometimes, but I think a DD coil would help with the iron. ;D

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Man I really love my CZs for finding the old nickels. I also dig all the zinc and square tab hits in those areas with my CZ70 many of those will be Indian Head pennies and other cool relics, even relatively shallow hits. I noticed many early wheaties, like pre 1930 for some reason come in the zinc cent area.If you haven't yet, try it out you will like it. :icon_thumleft:

Good Hunting!
Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread