New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm Mad >:(

Hey All, Wicka here :hello:

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Had a rough day.
here's the story line
Teller last week: "I'll order you a box, but the carrier said they have a machine that takes out the silver ones"
Teller Today -: "We forgot to tell you, we aren't supposed to order you boxes, the bank paid the fee since we forgot to tell you, so we can't order you any more boxes specially but if we have extras will be glad to give them to you"
Hald Dollar Box today- "Skunk-a-roo":BangHead::BangHead:
Re-wrap the entire box, and walk to the bank with the box and rewrapped coins in hand (not back pack. holding it like a pizza box) And walk a mile to the bank, today is the only day it closes at 4pm not 5pm or later >:(
So I walked a mile to the bank, with a heavy half box, and walked a mile home.
Last 4 boxes, all skunks :'( :'(
RAAAAAAAAAAAAWRR
:'(
Happy hunting all....
Wicka

Upvote 0

OldMoney

Greenie
Aug 16, 2012
Southern US
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smart "kid"........ (dont punch me lol) ...But, yea. Win some, lose some. That's the game of life, as I know it. Roll on.

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Well get whatever you can & keep it going! Eventually you will find someone who will order halves for you without a fee. Can't your grandmother order them for you?

Nope that's the bank with the fees. She can't bend all the rules for me :P

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry for your luck there Wicka, look for another bank.
On the brighter side, you've probably found more silver quarters lately, than the rest of us will find in the next 2 yrs! HH, Maverick.

I've only found 20 :o
Wicka ;D

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't sweat it kid! .........(sorry I had too.)LoL

Ha, no seriously. Bigscore meant nothing by it. I can understand wanting people to not think of you as a kid, i remember that feeling.but your being a little defensive about it like he called you an &-hole or something. When I was 9 I collected coins, stamps, baseball cards . I made money. I didn't really "invest" but I thought I had a pretty good clue for my age too. Trust me, I was wrong...LOL.
You must be a big dude to lunk a box of halves 2 miles! Thats crazy! I admire your work ethic! Your going to go far in life,just make sure the first thing you buy with your silver is a car!
Good luck Wicka! I'm rooting for ya!

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I already got a car Easy :P and yeah. 15 years old. 6'1 and 185 (No, not fat ;D)
I got a 2009 Dodge Nitro. Mom's giving me her car... .Yay :D
Thanks Easy, Love hearing from you.
Wicka

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
bad day.jpg

Sorry I had to :icon_thumleft:

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I've only found 20 :o
Wicka ;D

Your key words here Wicka are "I've only found 20." Lol. Just ONLY? :) Keep at them quarters, man! Like Limp Bizkit always said, you just gotta keep "rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin'... etc., etc." (Too lazy to post more lyrics, you get the idea, haha.) Sorry about the skunk and keep on keepin' on.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already got a car Easy :P and yeah. 15 years old. 6'1 and 185 (No, not fat ;D)
I got a 2009 Dodge Nitro. Mom's giving me her car... .Yay :D
Thanks Easy, Love hearing from you.
Wicka
What the heck you doing walking then ?

Deep Packets

Dec 7, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please don't call me a kid, if you are going to continue insulting me, please do not comment on my thread.

I got a kick out of this. The truth certainly does hurt though. Wicka you're the man, you are tenacious, a great trait to display at 15. Keep it up. Just a life lesson, if somthing bugs you that someone says, it's usually bc it's true. It's the BEST way to learn about yourself in life. Keep rollin kido (jk)

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a life lesson, if somthing bugs you that someone says, it's usually bc it's true.

I don't agree with this at all. People rip on each other all of the time.

A 2009 Dodge Nitro is a big step forward from copper pennies and pre-1960 nickels! HH.

Edit: BTW I love your avatar Deep Packets. So much cool in so little space.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wicka - sorry to hear that your boxes were skunks. My banks won't even order coins for private customers, businesses only. Grrrr (i live in a very rural area of New Hampshire - would have to drive down to Massachusetts to find dump banks).

As to the "kid" comment - I'm sure no offense was meant. I, too, am guilty of calling young people kid. From my lofty age, they are kids! You sound like an awesome young man. I'm sure your family is extremely proud of you. Most people my age don't invest and you've been doing it since age 12. Good for you! With the attitude you have, you will go far in life.

Be proud to be called "kid" (a point of reference - to my 95 y.o. Mom I am a kid). Adulthood lasts forever and comes much too fast with too much responsibility. Enjoy your "kid" years - you only get 18 of them! :happysmiley:

Have a great day and keep on rolling!

Anita (Mom to 3 kids....28, 29 and 32)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
You can gladly use my banks Anita :) Glad I finally got a comment out of you! :)
See? Young man, acceptable, kid? Seems like.. 7 year old in pajamas >:(
I'm proud to be a young man, not a kid, but still, I do enjoy no rent, no bills, all the goods :)
You have a good day as well!
Happy Hunting,
Wicka

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why does everyone on this forum have such thin skin?!?! You seriously got offended by the word "kid", essentially said in passing?

:icon_scratch: :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to worry what people thought of me.. Don't really care anymore.. Heck I still get called kid and I'm 30. I'm sure it's got to be my boyish good looks tho. B-)

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surprised you didn't get any response on your Obama comment... He didn't give up; he actually thinks his radical communist policies are working & plans to go full throttle forward w/them! Too bad you can't vote this November. By the way, that stack of silver you got there - you didn't build that. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread