I'm reaching the breaking point with Oak Island ...how bout you ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
But, but, but, what about the chicken bone they found?

EXACTLY ! How can you dispute this iron-clad proof ! I'm heading to Oak Island right now, and will be laughing at you naysayers all the way to the bank ! Neener neeener. :tongue3:

Wally Taylor

Jan 3, 2017
Western New York
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster, White's Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can certainly see Your point, but I'll watch until they leave the island, or stop filming. Notice they aren't spendng much time exploring the chambers that they're drilling into. They have years to do that, off camera. That golden object on the wall that they saw with the remote camera mystifies me. I'm such a sucker I actually believe that it was a gold chain. If it WAS there, it was no doubt whirled around the outside wall with a three foot drill bit doing its business. I watch because I'm a believer. That's why I'm beging the creek excavating historic pop tops. I believe that riches lie around the next corner.l
I will watch until I'm one of the last three watching. I'll shut off the light. I am not an Oak Island fan. Above all I'm a Dan Blankenship fan. On "Gold Rush", I loved that the kid's Grandpa got to see him land millions of dollars of gold. At 90 years old he was climbing in the excavator after the kid got his truck hopelessly stuck, and his first successful year, he funded his operation with a $150,000 jar of gold that his Grandpa gave him.
There is so much honor with the old guys. That's why I watch.

Last edited:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
You believe that blotch on photography, or glare from flash, or twig or root, .... is a "golden object" ?

Belief requires no proofs.

That's the problem with beliefs.

Who believes there is a Sun? :occasion14:

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I have been thinking about all the different treasure theories on the show.

If I understand, people from the Templars, Jesuits, Spain, England, Vikings, French Royalty, Pirates, Sailors, Masons, Immigrants, and probably a handful of others I cannot recall or missed on the episode, were all on this tiny island in the same time span.

You would think they would have run into each other. I just can't imagine the Templars bush wacking through the island to stash their stuff and running into the Pirates digging in the same spot?

I think they need to bring out those guys from the metal detecting show 'Diggers' and those other guys from 'Pickers'. They could help hunt and spew theories to the 'Oak Islanders'.

This show is like a carnival without the rides.

Just sayin.

P.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Belief requires no proofs......

Ah but there *IS* "proof". It's the grainy black & white photo of a glance at something shiny down there in the murky clutter filled drill/bore holes. And ... afterall ... pictures don't lie ! So don't be such a "Debbie Downer" :)

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah but there *IS* "proof". It's the grainy black & white photo of a glance at something shiny down there in the murky clutter filled drill/bore holes. And ... afterall ... pictures don't lie ! So don't be such a "Debbie Downer" :)

I admit I never watched an episode, but from the sounds of it I'll need some downers to keep from putting my foot through the T.V. :occasion14:

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Come on guys, don't be so bitter. We are all jealous because they have the Arc in their possession and we don't so just do like I do...

Pour a nice drink, laugh at all the dumb theories thrown around, laugh at the silly faces the brothers make and make fun of the Narrator every time he says "What's that? Bla,bla,bla!!!"

This makes the show so much more fun to watch.

Wally Taylor

Jan 3, 2017
Western New York
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster, White's Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, the way I see it, television is supposed to be fun, and entertaining. Plus, You can learn something sometimes. If I hadn't watched this season of Oak Island, I would have never learned how to drill a missile silo in my back yard.
Now, if I win the lotto, I can put a rocket in my yard and program it to hit the Presidential Palace in North Korea.
Our nation is too afraid of China to teach the North Koreans a lesson, so we are left to the rask of taking the little fat guy to task.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... If I hadn't watched this season of Oak Island, I would have never learned how to drill a missile silo in my back yard.....

Correct: They sunk enough money into heavy equipment to do insanely deep holes, that ...... yes..... you could install a missile silo. But when you think of it, THAT'S JUST ALL THE MORE PROOF OF THE TREASURE. Right ? Because of the old saying:

"Where there's smoke, there is fire".

And *certainly* they would not be sinking this much $$ into something that "isn't there". Right ? Therefore, using the smoke = fire mantra, then this must be all the more bigger treasure, and most all-the-more certainly there !

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wally - You are correct. You can't learn that from the Discovery Channel. Only on the History Channel and thank the good old Laginas! My yard is too small for a silo. Good luck with yours!

Tom - With all the money they spent they could have made a NEW Arc and Chalice. Fools! Could have had Amazon dropping it off on the last episode for the Wolla moment....:laughing7:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Ok, I have been thinking about all the different treasure theories on the show.

If I understand, people from the Templars, Jesuits, Spain, England, Vikings, French Royalty, Pirates, Sailors, Masons, Immigrants, and probably a handful of others I cannot recall or missed on the episode, were all on this tiny island in the same time span.

You would think they would have run into each other. I just can't imagine the Templars bush wacking through the island to stash their stuff and running into the Pirates digging in the same spot?

I think they need to bring out those guys from the metal detecting show 'Diggers' and those other guys from 'Pickers'. They could help hunt and spew theories to the 'Oak Islanders'.

This show is like a carnival without the rides.

Just sayin.

P.

... but Patrick, where do you think they got the idea for "Pirate Treasures of the Knights Templar"? Have you seen that one? ... another History program, but even more contrived IMO.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Is that coming from 'ol "Doubting Thomas"??:laughing7:

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that coming from 'ol "Doubting Thomas"??:laughing7:

I understand there exists a crudely hand drawn map of Oak Island that was originally done by Doubting Thomas.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the narrator is a horse's :censored:, the Lagina's couldn't find Bigfoot if he had his foot in their a$$. the dope with the Minelab found a Large Cent while swingin' the coil like a golf club. time to go sit in the "war room". GOOFS:BangHead:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the detector guy is at least finding stuff.
he may not know what a rail road spike looks like,
or was instructed to try and fool everyone.
but he is searching the right areas.
not digging to china and detecting the walls of the steel pipe
they are sending him down in

Last edited:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the narrator is a horse's :censored:, the Lagina's couldn't find Bigfoot if he had his foot in their a$$. the dope with the Minelab found a Large Cent while swingin' the coil like a golf club. time to go sit in the "war room". GOOFS:BangHead:

.....so dumb he couldn't track an elephant through a strawberry patch!!:laughing7:

kha924

Jan 29, 2017
NWPA 814
Detector(s) used
LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never got into that show but id imagine if you went metal detecting instead of watching that show you would end up with a way better collection. And you woudl still have your life savings unlike those guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread