I'm reaching the breaking point with Oak Island ...how bout you ?

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie P and Jeff, they might pay me to sniff the wood for money but no way am I gonna lick or Gnaw on that old board! Probably got bacteria that'll kill me before i could spend the money they'd be paying me! Not to mention, how can I tell it's old if I don't look at it and smell it? Hey Truth, that wood you found in the marsh, was it in a depression in the ground? Was there a large branch above that might have a block and tackle on it or signs of rope markings? If so, call the History Channel and tell them what you found and maybe they'll back you and call it "Swamp Madness 2017". Yeah guys, I am sitting at work bored and Oak Island now has a target on it for being made fun of!

Rock22

Sep 9, 2013
Erie Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like the 2 brothers that are running this show but I am starting to worry about the older one. I really think he is over the edge mentally. He is beyond obsessed! They must have endless money to keep digging. I still need some ancient information on how anyone on earth could dig that deep with wood shovels. I really think that along time ago there was a treasure that was buried at about 10 feet but it is long gone by now. Also... lets do the math at how long it would really take to dig such a deep hole with booby traps and to bury all of these items in a possible vault! I keep watching but this is complete BS.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost interest when they said there had been a 250ft wide 150ft deep hole dug at the money pit years ago...there is nothing left there...I think someone got it many years ago and kept quite.

bigtimedeal

Feb 3, 2011
FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I lost interest when they said there had been a 250ft wide 150ft deep hole dug at the money pit years ago...there is nothing left there...I think someone got it many years ago and kept quite.

Well, some lady came on and said her family found 3 treasure chests there years ago. I'm not sure if that means the treasure is found. It would help if they actually knew what they were looking for

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One day, they'll have the last laugh and find 10 million in treasure. Only problem is, they've spent 12 million to find it! LOL!

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm starting to feel sorry for the brothers. I hope they find something but I don't believe they will.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well when you take a look at all of the islands that are in the area of Oak Island, you have to stop and wonder, why this island, why this end, why this deep... By the time they got this point, someone in the crew has mutinied and sailed off with the treasure so no matter. There are a lot of choices and why there and why go to such lengths when it would be a challenge just to find the correct island again and the proper spot, let a good Nor'easter hit and maybe the treasure becomes water located. If something was there, I agree, it was found long ago and secretly taken and not acknowledged being found. Similar to the thoughts on some of the treasures that Blackbeard is supposed to have left in and around Ocracoke. There were people who were poor then one day just up and left and supposed to have made money at something but not known how, but it is thought they found some of his hidden loot. Keep quiet and walk away.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember reading about this at school when I was a kid.. it was fascinating!!

Fascinating all the way until these yahoos screwed it up for me... all fake.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I got around to watching the latest show last night. They ran out of old wood to look at and smell! Hey, I could have gone out and dug a hole for rocks and clay for a lot cheaper and both parties come out with more in their pockets:icon_thumright: Thought that the third hole killed their budget for the digs at the money pit. Guess that they got the History Channel to go into the vault and grab another stack of that old dusty cash off the shelf and fund one more old wood hunt. Hey guys, come on, the treasure is gone if ever there and if you want to look for something that may or may not be real, come to VA and we'll introduce you to the Beale Papers!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do I have to be a Charter Member to offer the brothers some of my stash?:icon_scratch: I'll sell them two truck loads of wood most over 100 years old that I keep for projects and restorations for $500!:laughing7: Some of it has been peed on by the dogs so that would give em the opportunity to get some "experts" in to do some DNA testing. That should get em at least two episodes! Producers if you're listening, this is one heck of a deal for you!!! :hello2: Think how many episodes for $500 plus shipping. Oh, not to mention the possibility of a spin off "The Brothers search an outhouse with a 900 ft. deep hole chock full of wood! :hello2: I can save you a million!!!!!!:laughing7:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Long ago there was this tiny island that ancient mariners sailed to with their horde of gold and precious artifacts, this was Oak Island. Once there, they stopped for supplies and tanned on the beach.
With that out of the way, they dropped off their cargo of coconut fibers, since it was dead weight anyway and just took up too much room on the ship, what with all that Golden Horde they were saving for a rainy day.
Before leaving, while they sat around the campfire, they talked about burying their stash a couple of hundred feet in the ground so maybe they could actually get some sailing done. After all, what possible good could possibly come if they took all this wealth with them?
They all had a good laugh, while finishing off their flagons of ale and sailed away come early dawn. Before leaving they tossed a couple of Spanish reales on the beach, to pay the locals for the supplies and for helping them offload stacks of oak wood, never to be seen again...:hello:

Last edited:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woo Hoo! boogeyman has the sequel all figured out! Careful RustyGold, someone hears that, they may suggest a new and alternate theory to the treasure and and new pit location, be sure to claim this legend and charge accordingly!

bigtimedeal

Feb 3, 2011
FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Long ago there was this tiny island that ancient mariners sailed to with their horde of gold and precious artifacts, this was Oak Island. Once there, they stopped for supplies and tanned on the beach.
With that out of the way, they dropped off their cargo of coconut fibers, since it was dead weight anyway and just took up too much room on the ship, what with all that Golden Horde they were saving for a rainy day.
Before leaving, while they sat around the campfire, they talked about burying their stash a couple of hundred feet in the ground so maybe they could actually get some sailing done. After all, what possible good could possibly come if they took all this wealth with them?
They all had a good laugh, while finishing off their flagons of ale and sailed away come early dawn. Before leaving they tossed a couple of Spanish reales on the beach, to pay the locals for the supplies and for helping them offload stacks of oak wood, never to be seen again...:hello:

OMG that is funny - they were carrying a cargo of coconut fiber, LOL.

So did they just take the horde of gold back home then? If you find wood underground, that changes everything. Singularly. It's a lot to process. We'll have to digest it.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is 100 times more entertaining than the actual TV show!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG that is funny - they were carrying a cargo of coconut fiber, LOL.

So did they just take the horde of gold back home then? If you find wood underground, that changes everything. Singularly. It's a lot to process. We'll have to digest it.

What would anyone do with a horde of gold? They would keep it close by and fund their lives.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RustyGold, I believe that I would not broadcast to the viewing world or at least two national Governments that might want to claim or tax your finds and keep the circle of knowledge a small as possible and as you said keep it close and fund lives or at least set up for a better retirement.

bigtimedeal

Feb 3, 2011
FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like to kid around, but in all seriousness it takes guts to go on TV and tell everyone you are spending a lot of money to go on a search for some sort of unidentified treasure that may or may not be there. Not to mention that the best thing they've found have been a few coins, a button and lead.

So I have to give them a certain amount of credit

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody watch the lastest episode and want to give a 30 second breakdown? I was bored tonight so I tuned into the re-run before the the new episode, but after about 1 minute the idiot announcer asked another stupid, obvious question and I had to change the channel or begin screaming.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just watched. They found more wood and some iron plates. Somehow their iron looks pristine. When I dig iron it is typically chunks of rust. They also said the railroad spike tested as a maritime spike, but man it sure looks like a railroad road spike. Also sounds like there will be another season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread