I'm startin' to think I know what I'm doing! Silver number 3 out of 4 hunts.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Went back to the park that I spent last weekend at. Had some serious rain the last couple days, so I was hoping some more coins grew overnight. I'll be damned, they did. :hello2: I pretty much went over the area that I had covered in one direction. Different direction this time, and it paid off. Got the wheat early in the hunt, and then near the end of the day, that pretty little lady popped out of the ground. I believe it's a 1919. It is slightly worn:laughing7:. Looks like I'll be there for awhile. Have only hunted a small section of the park, and I really don't think it's been hunted much, because even for rookie me, they were pretty easy pickin's. Oops, can't forget about the little bullet:laughing7: 5 stars for the pro coin setting on the AT! DSCF1565.JPG 1919 merc front.jpg 1919 merc back.jpg

Coin count 4 hunts: 85 clad, 7 wheats, 2 Mercs, and 1 Rosie.

This is just a blast when the ground is full of coins.

Thanks for looking!

Friday the 13th, I spat on you:laughing7:

Upvote 18

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DANG MERCS ARE GETTING CONTAGIOUS

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job. Quite a load for a small section of park. Hope the rest of it is packed.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to binge on them sweet silver coins! Yes, spit on that Friday the 13th nonsense. Keep hammering that park You may have actually found a spot not detected. Have at it mate!:headbang:

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome! Curse of the 13th shattered! :hello2:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on another silver. Switching directions, can make a big difference. There have been plenty of times when I missed a coin going one way, then picked it up from the opposite side.

OP
OP
digger460

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the kind words all. Time's running out on the season, so I'm going to hit it heavy everyday after work next week. Hope I can keep the count going, especially the silver!

Chance of frost tonight! Are you kidding me:dontknow:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great streak going for sure...you will get plenty familiar with your machine by the time you get finished cleaning up that park....the very deep "iffys"
are to me the most fun to dig and call it correct...GL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread