Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm still around...........

Hi all,
I'm still around but haven't had the chance to do much detecting with all of the work and projects I have to get done. I am also tryin to transfer to the regular Army so that I can finish my active-duty career and draw a pension as soon as I retire in about 4 1/2 years.

So regrettably, I haven't been on here as much as I'd like.

I recently have added an MXT to my detector arsenal so I'm itching to try it out and see how it stacks up against my Explorer.

Anyway, as soon as I do get out I will post my finds. So far this years I've only found some Wheaties and an 1899 Barber Dime.

HH,
SgtSki

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
Re: I'm still around...........

sometime it s hard with work and family to get out, but if i dont get some time in i start getting a little cranky, good luck with the MXT, almost got one but took up the t-2 instead, thought it might handle the old square nails a little better, love it, dont think it will handle the abuse that the MXT will though

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)

Hey Sgt., I have a buddy who uses a MXT and does real good with it. Don't miss much but I do find some he misses with the explorer but a lot of those are just because he is an impatient detectorist. Good hunting to ya. Jim

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
BH, Prizm IV, Tesoro Cortez!

SgtSki in MI said:
Hi all,
I'm still around but haven't had the chance to do much detecting with all of the work and projects I have to get done. I am also tryin to transfer to the regular Army so that I can finish my active-duty career and draw a pension as soon as I retire in about 4 1/2 years.

So regrettably, I haven't been on here as much as I'd like.

I recently have added an MXT to my detector arsenal so I'm itching to try it out and see how it stacks up against my Explorer.

Anyway, as soon as I do get out I will post my finds. So far this years I've only found some Wheaties and an 1899 Barber Dime.

HH,
SgtSki
Only some wheaties and 1899 Barber? I'd be pretty happy with those! Just kidding...good luck with the MXT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread