Im still looking for my 1st Walker!

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been at this since May and have done well. But I only have 3 Bens and 0 Walkers!! The only thing that is holding me over is I have a Walking Liberty .999 1oz coin that I play with in my hand during my 2 hours of driving to work everyday.

Im wondering how others are doing in the Walker cateogory? Sorry DB...I dont even want to know how many you have. :tongue3:

Is there a 40% to 90% Kens to Bens to Walkers ratio like there is with dimes to mercs like we have already discussed?

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
I have found about 25 so far. They are very random. But i will find 2 or three when they show up. I also got 3 out of the reject bin at TD, the teller thought they were foreign . HH

JT10

Oct 29, 2010
The Mitten State
I have only found 16 of them. Four in a roll in my early CHRing days, 5 in a box last January, and 7 out of two NY boxes over Thanksgiving. One of the NY boxes had my first walker ender.

I have found about the same number of Bens. For me, walkers come in groups, and Bens are found singular. I think I have only had two times where I found more than 1 Ben together.

Attachments

• downsize.jpg
    downsize.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 976

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Hey GilHap. Nice post I like reading about it cause for guys like us its hard to remind ourselves that it takes hard work consistantly to score silver out here on the "west side". I read posts from these high volume guys on the east side, and I get all weird inside and sometimes start wondering what Im doin wrong as to why Im not getting the ungodly amounts of silver they find in their boxes. So much old silver none the less, almost seems like they consistantly find W.L.'s and Ben's. I believe it really just boiles down to the fact that more people there, means more silver there... That, and they also work their buts off for what they get, they just get more when they work hard, then we get when we work hard.

To answer your question, I started this pretty close to the same time u did, and I have found 2 Walking Libs. The first one wasnt until Oct, in a bag I picked up. The second one was out of a brinks box a couple weeks ago, it was an ender, (most amazing ender I have ever seen, I gasped like a little girl when I saw it, and my wife thought I cut myself or something, I had no shame.) The only silver in the whole box, i was mucho happy. I have been stuck at 14 Bens for what seems like months, (2 or 3 months realistically). But then last night, I found 2 in one of my boxes so I have 16 bens... I think I have about 100 or so 1964 Kens. Its been a long time since I have had a good score of 90%'ers... Its time, I am due now I believe.

Anyways, fun thread, good luck hunting gilmore happy

Gooseman

Dec 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I have found six walkers since August. Kind of odd because overall I do below average.

Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread