Image Size Issues?

Glasya

Mar 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am having a lot of problems downloading images. I am taking screen shots of Google Map images and then converting them to jpg. On my computer the images look great, however once I post them here they turn out like poop. Are there very specific size perimeters I am suppose to be following? The image I downloaded is 875 X 368 and is 368 KB. and for some reason the image keeps over lapping on its self and is discolored. If anyone has some advice I would appreciate it.

Picture #1.jpg

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
I've noticed that this new format automatically resizes the images either by attaching or by redirect.. so it doesn't matter what size it is.. this system will resize for you.. As for the image quality.. I see your point on the google map issues.. Thou you may need to try a different format.. or image conversion.. Could be your software.. what are you using as your convertor?.. Are you taking an pic of your computer screen, then uploading?.. It's prob best to try "screen shot" aka "print screen" and see if that image is any better.

@boris: Quote:

JPEG
or JPG [jey-peg] J ( joint ) P ( photographic ) E (experts ) G ( group )
noun Computers .
1.a set of standards and file format for compression of digitalcolor images.
2.an image file compressed in this format.

Source: Dictionary.com

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread