IMHO: M6 is the BEST coin-shooter anywhere, period

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What an amazing machine! Mine has paid for itself repeatedly in coins and rings.

I can't get over how good it does on gold rings. Wow! If your target is rock solid on the VDI number and in the gold range, chances are good that it is gold jewelry. I literally found my first gold ring with it less than a half-hour out of the box!

I use the 4x6 shooter coil almost exclusively. While your ground coverage is diminished somewhat, the target separation is fantastic. I've found dimes with this coil at more than 6 inches - which is more than acceptable here in the desert southwest. Of course, I'm probably a little more than biased toward the 4x6 because of the great finds I've made with it - multiple gold rings (two in very trashy areas), my first Barber dime, my first IH cent and several nice silver rings.

I have the 6x10, the stock coil and the super 12 for it. I use them all occasionally. Boy, oh boy, if someone would just make a bigfoot coil for it. I'd never leave the parks!!! (If you're thinking, "But the bigfoot does work on the DFX, MXT and M6." then you've not tried one on an M6. On the M6 only the front half of the Bigfoot works.)

Anyway, I'm delighted to be the first poster on this incredible machine!!!

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply said: Since I got the M6 two years ago I've never had the desire to make a change. I love it.

Florida Tabdigger

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2010
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites M6 and Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have owned several detector since 1976, some with many features that I seldom ever used, and after a little over 4 months with the M6 I see no need to own any other detector (for land use). The 4x6 has no problem finding small earings near steal structures and coins at 6-7 inches.

renogeoff

Jan 27, 2010
Carson City NV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EuroTek Pro/Explorer II/Safari/ACE 250,Classic IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a chance to pick up a used one for $425. Would that be worth it for a used one? Seller seems reliable.

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
renogeoff said:
I have a chance to pick up a used one for $425. Would that be worth it for a used one? Seller seems reliable.

Might be a good price if it is in excellent condition. Be sure to call Kellyco to see what specials they are running. You may be surprised to learn that a new unit (with a warranty) will not run you much more than a used one.

OP
OP
Phillip_in_NM

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Little update to my finds with the 4x6 coil on the M6:

I had a fabulous July with it. 4 firsts for me - buffalo nickel, war nickel, shield nickel and trade token (for the White Elephant Saloon in Albuquerque, NM)

I LOVE THIS MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sand Fleee

Aug 2, 2011
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark, Surf PI, Xcal, M6
Just got me a M6 Today! cant wait to take her for a spin in the park :hello2:

OP
OP
Phillip_in_NM

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now you can see what detecting should be... fun yet effective. No worries about over-complex settings. Awesome ID. Get out there and have a blast!!!!!!!!!!

Whitesmxt66

Dec 29, 2011
Clarkston, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, really want the MXT though.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best machine ever invented!!!!!! I love this thing! Would not have it any other way. The only way I would actually buy another machine is when I need a completely sealed unit. Even then I would still buy the White's beach hunter. Sweet products!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread