jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kansas City journal. (Kansas City, Mo.), 30 Dec. 1897.

000aaa.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...=&proxValue=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=65

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting this about my home county, Jeff. I've never heard that specific story before but I have researched everything I could find about the Spanish in Brown County. The only solid information I got was that a time or two a Spanish officer named Flores, from a San Antonio fort, chased a band of Lipan Apaches into this county in the early 1700s in an effort to retrieve some captives and stolen horses. I have heard stories that suggest the Spanish may have had a larger presence in this county than my information told me about. One is that a friend of mine found a small cannon ball made of silver (he had it tested) when he was young man. He was using a metal detector in a house yard, less than a mile from my house, while his dad was working on the house when he discovered it. Also, my late father told me of a discovery of Spanish armor in a cave in a Brown County mountain during the 1930s but I've been unable to learn any more details about that.
~Texas Jay
31107-1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread