Important information for Beach and Surf get together

rdi

Sep 5, 2007
Zephyrhills, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Infinium LS, Sovereign GT, Fisher cz6a, Garrett sea hunter,Garrett vlf/tr groundhog
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The get together is still on Rain or Shine. Weather forecast looks normal for summer. The turnout looks to be outstanding with 15 plus participants. We welcome any late comers.

The menu now consists of homemade barbecue pork, baked beans,hot dogs,buns and condiments. For your convenience the plates,cups and eating utensils will be supplied. Don' forget to bring your own drinks and a covered dish if you choose. You might want to bring lawn chairs if you need more comfort than picnic benches.
A friendly reminder to bring your best,most unusual finds and What is it ? Bring your items for sale.
Drive Safely, we are looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday.

Update #3
Md'ers HELPING Md'ers

Gal's and Guy's the time is closing fast on our Get Together on June 28th.
It would be greatly appreciated if you are going to attend to please email me the number of people that will be with you including yourself by June 23rd....this will help mrs rdi in buying enough groceries so all have full bellies....you may want to bring lawn chairs ,the only seating is picnic tables....
If you have equipment for sale bring it along and we'll have a mini flea market.... The next and last post around June 25th will be a reminder, any changes or additions and the number of people attending.
Don't forget to bring your Show & Tell items and any other interesting things
Best Finds
Most Unusual Find
WHAT is it? Huh

Update #2
Because of the pm's that I have received I feel it's necessary to clarify some details about the get together so that no one is mislead or disappointed. This get together is not a organized function by a club or group. I thought because of the posts that I have read on several of the different boards and in speaking with other md'ers that it would be fun to get together and share information and socialize. i decided to reserve a pavilion because of June's afternoon showers and provide hot dogs for lunch. I am hoping that those that attend will enjoy the camaraderie and perhaps pick up a tip or two.I am taking the responsibility for organizing the get together,but the success will depend on those that attend.Don't forget the theme Md'ers helping Md'ers.

The main entrance is labeled as Stand #5,which leads to the Patio Cafe concession ,which is the 1/2 way point of Coquina beach,the pavilion area is located at the very south end on the Gulf side by the RV parking area , you may enter at Stand #5 or #6,follow the RV parking signs.

Update #1
Pavilion has been reserved for Saturday June 28th..will post a few pics & directions by the end of next week
This post is to see if there is enough interest among the beach and water hunters to have a little get together.
The theme of the get together is
Md'ers HELPING Md'ers

Date : June 28th,2008
Beach Info : Coquina Beach, located on the south end of Anna Maria Island, is one of the largest beaches in the area with all of the amenities. Plentiful free parking, lifeguards, concessions, picnic tables, playground, restrooms and showers are all available. A boat launch, bayside, is across the street from the beach.

ATTENTIVE AGENDA

Lunch at Noon : hot dogs,buns & condiments will be provided
please bring a covered dish,your own plates,
utensils and drinks

After lunch : Round table discussion with following topics
Equipment
Techniques
Problem Solving
Hints & Tips

: Show & Tell
Best Finds
Most Unusual Find
WHAT is it Huh

Pavilion is located next to beach,Day only RV parking available
Maps and directions will be posted later if enough interest is shown..please post your opinion quickly as I only have a temporary hold on the pavilion..please remember nothing is set in stone except date & location...any ideas,additions or changes to the agenda would be greatly appreciated...I will try to answer any questions, but not being from the area, my knowledge is limited.....Thank you ...Rdi

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
rdi, I may not be coming Saturday. I have to work on the ARRG boat over in Sebastian, putting a 454 back together and getting it running. I am running over today, and I hope I can get it all done today, but doubt it. I'll try though! Steve.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread