IMPORTANT METAL DETECTING LESSON - 7.9 grams of 14K lovliness!

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit an older school yard just now, and, man, what a beaut. Now, I dug a strong nickel tone (12-13 eTrac) and pulled out a 1980s nickel. One foot nearby, another 1980s nickel. Next to that were a couple of 1980s Memorial cents. Hmm, someone spilled their pocket. Then, one foot nearby once again, a strong 12-13 tone. I didn't feel like digging another nickel. I took a couple of steps away, then thought better of it. Hey, another nickel in the bag wouldn't be too bad. Dug the plug, and this gorgeous ring was staring at me. Wow; this one I almost left in the ground! Take heed my friends! It's an ArtCarved two-tone 14K ring, 7.9 grams. Also found some clad and a War Nickel.

aj

DSC02577.JPGDSC02579.JPGDSC02580.JPGDSC02581.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 19
Wow! What a beautiful gold ring! Always, always, ALWAYS dig those nickels and pulltabs!! Congratulations!

Damn good looking nickel.

SWWEEET Gold!:occasion14:

Wow!! Trade ya for a nickel :)

Holy crap! Glad you second guessed yourself!

I hit our old school also and did my best nickel recovery so far but no gold. Yet. Congratulations that thing is beautiful.

Very nice just lets you know to that you never know, stay persistent.

Congratulations on the beautiful ring find! :occasion14:

The old rule applies: if your not digging nickels and pull tabs, your not digging gold!

I am a woman and I LOVE THAT RING!! Congrats and a lesson learned that turned out great for you.

Good lord that's a chunk!!! Bet someone was pissed they lost that!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Great Ring...I've done that before...Walk away and come back and it's a nice target. We only have so many digs in us lol

strict

As much as I try and do dig my low VDI trash targets I still don't find much gold. My collection of pull tabs and foil will still however continue to grow as I know even in the middle of a cornfield lays a gold ring with my name on it. Wonderful piece of jewelry there mate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back